(3) meatloaves and (2) different meatballs w/q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chisoxjim

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 25, 2007
At Restaurant Depot yesterday i stumbled upon a sale item, a 10 lb. chub of Halal ground beef 80/20. Halal meat is kind of the muslim version of kosher. This beef was $.99/lb. Great deal. It was frozen so I knew I would have to cook it all off before i could refreeze it.

Perfect remedy, a few meat loaves, some asian meatballs, and some meatballs for spaghetti and meatballs for Monday night.

The "asian" meatballs were the same ingredients as the regular except I added som Chines 5 spice blend, and a little hoisin. Meatball mix used water soaked bread instead of dry bread crumbs.

Meatlaof recipe was a basic, bread crumbs, ketchup, L & P, salt, black pepper, garlic, eggs, milk, and dry onions(wanted to keep additional moisture out of the loaf). Had enough for 3 big meat loafs. fixin' to put them on in about 45 minutes.

Halal chub:

meatball mix:

regular mix:

"asian" meatball mix:

rolled:

meatball q-view:

meatballs done:

cut open:

(3) meatloaves panned up:

ive got the "asian" style meatballs in the crosk pot with a sauce of grape jelly, hoisin, L & P, chili oil, sesame seeds, minced onion, and horseradish. Should be a good snack.

Thanks for looking so far, meat loaf should go on soon.

thanks,

yes, gonna freeze probably 2, most likely in slices for easy defrosting for sandwiches, etc.

sauced meatballs(sauce is hoisin, ketchup, bbq sauce, horseradish, sweel chili sauce, sesame seeds, L & P, minced onion). sweet and spicy.

1 of 3 meatloaf ready to go:

on the WSM (1) down low, (2) up top:

For the last 30 mins Ill glaze with ketchup, & Ill take em to 160, then let them rest before slicing. Serving with mashed potato, and broccoli.

thanks to those who have checked these pics out.

Awesome looking pile of meat !! Man those meatballs make ya wanna break the screen and grab em
icon_mrgreen.gif

thanks jax,

just took a peak at the meatloafs, hoping they tighten up.

almost done glazed and back in to finish:

cant wait for supper.

thanks, it had alomst a licorice taste from the hoisin & the star anise in the Chinese 5 spice.

finished pics, another great smoke on the WSM, gotta tip my hat to that smoker, gotta be the best i have owned.

off the smoker:

all 3 rested and ready to be sliced:

sliced:

thanks for checking out my pics, and those who made comments. I appreciate it.

I have a chicken in the fridge injected with Tony C's cajun butter for tomorrow, I may also smoke some 13-15 shrimp as well.

slainte..

Looks like it turned out great, not to mention your good words about the WSM, a smoker such as yourself saying it is the best you have owned definitely got my attention...
Might be time to add a new smoker to the family.

Never tried the Tony C's butter injection, almost picked up a bottle the other day but didn't, the seasoning is good so I'm sure the cajun butter injection is great!

thanks, the WSM is still sitting @ 230(im letting it burn out the rest of the lump), its been sitting there since about noon. so almost 8.5 hours on the one ring of lump.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I use the injector that comes with the Tony C's, and figured i wouldnt waste it. I am curious how it will turn out as well.

It all looks great Jim, but them sauced meatballs are on my short list! Thanks for sharing the idea

good looken stuff ya got there meatballs are fun you can do so many different things with them.
points.gif
for the qview and ideas

thanks folks, I think Ill be eatin meatloaf for a while...Gonna give as much away as posible.

the spice that made the "asian" style meatballs was the "Chinese 5 spice" the star anise really gave it a nice pop.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky