Quick and easy Sweet and Sour smoked meatballs on mashed

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada
Quick and easy Sweet and Sour smoked meatballs on mashed,

This is the S+S sauce I use in a lot of things

I love this anytime and probably make 2 or 3 times a year. It has been very busy so I cheated a little.
Instead of my normal fresh meatballs there was a bag in the freezer, so into the BBQ with a little Hickory smoke.
( now these are already cooked so I am just thawing and adding a touch of smoke )

Made my sauce with the onions , and bell peppers ( used a pot just to mix as all the bowls were in use).
Bake in oven for an hour, boil up some mashed.
The sauce thickens as it bakes in the oven, stir it a couple times during.

DSC_8560.JPG

DSC_8558.JPG
DSC_8561.JPG

DSC_8563.JPG

here for all my close up friends, :emoji_sunglasses: :emoji_yum:

DSC_8564.JPG

The mashed , light and fluffy, This is on my list of my comfort food. I like to add
lots of the mashed on my plate , make a spot in the middle and fill with the S+S.

I always eat way too much of this , but I just can't stop. Well i did stop
at 1 1/2 plates, then rolled out to the yard to finish working on my boat.

Thanks for looking

David

Looks great David, that would definitely fill/warm the belly. Especially with the cooler nights of fall fast approaching. Have you ever considered running the SnS thru a processor and use it as a glaze? I'm thinking SnS moink balls.

Point for sure
Chris

Sheesh I'm in awe that you were able to do anything after that good looking plate! I'd be at the kiddie table with my feet kicked up rubbing my fat, full belly!

Jim

Looking good.
Did you use BBQ sauce or tomato/ketchup to make the sweet/sour sauce? And vinegar?
I wonder if chile sauce would work.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Looks fantastic! I remember you talking about this in the stir fry threads. I have to ask if you would share? Apologize in advance if you aleady did but not showing up in my bookmarks.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
that really looks good David

Thanks Jim fir the like and the comment

Yes I have been using this S and S for years , and have used it in a few different posts of different meals
I really like it just enough sweet and enough tang also, and I like a little crunch to my veg that is why I chop them about the same size as pineapple tidbits

David

Looks great David, that would definitely fill/warm the belly. Especially with the cooler nights of fall fast approaching. Have you ever considered running the SnS thru a processor and use it as a glaze? I'm thinking SnS moink balls.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris for the like and the comment

I really enjoy this sauce, and use it a lot. I have never thought of the processor, but that would work. When I want to use as a thick sauce for things or a glaze, I just leave out the veg, And maybe a touch more Corn starch. Like for Bo Bo Balls chicken or pork,

But now I want moink balls, lol

David

Sheesh I'm in awe that you were able to do anything after that good looking plate! I'd be at the kiddie table with my feet kicked up rubbing my fat, full belly!

Jim

Thanks Jim for the like and the comment

Ha Ha , I know what you mean, I was working at a slower pace after that , as for some reason I felt heaver :emoji_laughing: :emoji_laughing:
Mona let me eat at the big table last night. I must have been a good boy. lol

David

Yep. Comfort food indeed! Is that sorta like swedish meat balls? My Aunts make that from time to time for parties and such.

Thanks Keith for the like and the comment

Yes I really enjoy this meal. The premade Meatballs ( I know don't yell at me :emoji_sunglasses: ) were Italian style and they also sell a Swedish style there.
No I would say just Sweet and Sour meat balls and Mashed potatoes, I normally just make mine out of 1 1/2 pound of fresh ground with a few SPG and maybe onions, when I make my own.

David

Last edited:
Looking good.
Did you use BBQ sauce or tomato/ketchup to make the sweet/sour sauce? And vinegar?
I wonder if chile sauce would work.

Thanks Steve for the comment

Mine is a little ketchup and vinegar base.

I think Chili sauce would be good also. I like Hinze Chili sauce, nice flavour, I do add a little to it also

Here is my recipe I have been using for 30 years plus. See I really do like it .
sweet and sour sauce (2).JPG

David

Looks fantastic! I remember you talking about this in the stir fry threads. I have to ask if you would share? Apologize in advance if you aleady did but not showing up in my bookmarks.

Thanks Sam for the like and the comment

I never have a problem sharing anything I make that folks think they would like to try.
I have posted before and never a problem to post again. Sometimes easier for the poster ( me ) to repost than to look for it as most times I know where it is . LOL most times

Here you go and my pleasure, I tried to darken it up to make it easier to read.
Any questions, just ask.
Do it this way once , and if you find it too sweet or tart just adjust the sugar and or vinegar

sweet and sour sauce (2).JPG

Hope you like it like I do

David

Jim
No feet on the table Jim, didn't you mother teach you any manners. LOL

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky