Moink Balls - GF and Chicken Egg Free - w q/view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 1, 2008
Florida
As the title states these are Gluten Free and Chicken Egg free Moink Balls.

I stumbled across a meatball recipe from Rachael Ray on the interwebs and decided to make some Moinks but adapted it to be GF and Chicken Egg free since our daughters can't have either of them.

I mixed up the recipe but substituted the 1 chicken egg for 3 quail eggs. Also instead of normal bread crumbs I used Schar Bread which is gluten, chicken, and dairy free. Also its good bread considering what it doesn't have in it. I also removed the Parmesan cheese from it because of the girls.

Here is a shot of making them into balls. Yes I have cubes of mozzarella cheese in there. I did make some without the cheese for the girls.

MB1.jpg

MB3.jpg

MB4.jpg

All down and ready for seasoning. I used my rub but you can use your favorite one and it will be great.

MB5.jpg

next wrapped in bacon

MB6.jpg

Now on to the beach for some sun bathing.

MB7.jpg

Tanning nicely

MB8.jpg

At this point I dipped in a cup of BBQ sauce to coat up nicely. Here they are after the sauce set and they were done.

MB9.jpg

These were smoked at 275° for a little over a hour.

Forgot how good these are and how easy they are to do for a quick app. I took these to a BBQ at a friends place. I also did beans which you can kinda see on the side of one of the pictures.

Thanks for looking and happy smoking to all.

Moinks are one of my favorite apps Brian, and those look good.

Point for sure
Chris

Dude, nice job on the uniformity. Looks great and a nice alternative.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky