3/8 ss tube? and 5lb. gander mountain vertical stuffer.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

les3176

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Feb 10, 2009
harborcreek,pa
I'm sure this has been asked before but i am lookin for a 3/8 tube for my gander mountain 5lb. veryical stuffer. I have found this one but not quite sure if it's one that will work with my stuffer?

http://meatprocessingproducts.com/lem606a.html  

I found other ones but they have the bigger bell end on them .  Any ideas  would be great! thanks.

Just make sure your meat is is wet and has not set up (was in refrigerator ground and mixed for a period of time) before you stuff it with this tube. I learned my lesson by not following my own advice and was in too much of a hurry and did not make sure the meat was wet enough and stripped a gear. When the meat is not wet or has set up there is too much friction getting it through the tube and there is a fine line between too much pressure on the handle and a gear stripping off.

icon_cool.gif

I'm with Paul (beer b que) and say that it will fit. Thats one thing that they don't tell you at Gander when you buy their products. You can'r find any replacement parts for them. I also have their ginder and you or I can't find any replacement plates for them either. I'm having to have one made to fit their grinder.

Thanks guys...i thought it would work just wanted to make sure before i ordered it.I just got the stuffer yesterday on a whim cause i needed to stuff the meat i had already in the frigde and waiting!!! So far it works great with21mm casings,but i have a but load of 19mms that i want to use .Thanks again--les

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky