3-2-1 Baby Back Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

PapaLlama

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 7, 2019
Home of BBQ
I've been working on my Baby Back Ribs & reading a lot of the posts about it here on these forums. These are the best ribs I've made yet.

I did the 3-2-1 method & used a slightly modified version of chef jimmyj chef jimmyj 's foiling juice. That juice is amazing and using it as a glaze at the end is the icing on the cake.

I used just applewood this time & my WSM held at 240 using the snake method with a thick layer of briquettes, topped with a thin layer of lump charcoal, & wood on top.

I knew it was great cuz my friends were all asking for the recipe.

Attachments

• IMG_9574.jpg
    IMG_9574.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 148
  • 20190622_151459.jpg
    20190622_151459.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 149
  • 20190622_175605.jpg
    20190622_175605.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 147
  • 20190622_175802.jpg
    20190622_175802.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 149
  • 20190622_094859.jpg
    20190622_094859.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 149
Thats some good lookin' ribs!... ribs used to be my less favorite food to eat until i started smokin/bbqing myself, now they're one of my favorites. Guess you could say that places like tgif or texas roadhouse ruined them for me cuase they smother them up with too much sauce... which a good rib, if done correctly doesn't need sauce or just the slight touch of it.

Thats some good lookin' ribs!... ribs used to be my less favorite food to eat until i started smokin/bbqing myself, now they're one of my favorites. Guess you could say that places like tgif or texas roadhouse ruined them for me cuase they smother them up with too much sauce... which a good rib, if done correctly doesn't need sauce or just the slight touch of it.

I definitely agree with that last sentence. It's like how a steak shouldn't need A1 to taste good.

I can honestly say I've never seen a WSM set up like that, but I'm not going to argue about your results.

Point for sure
Chris

I can honestly say I've never seen a WSM set up like that, but I'm not going to argue about your results.

Point for sure
Chris

I'm still a rookie with the WSM, so maybe I am a bit more experimental lol. It worked out really well & the bricks worked well as a way to keep the snake rolling without lighting other ends of it. I like lump flavor, but prefer the consistency & duration of briquettes, so combining the two made sense to me.

Ribs looked great and I am glad you found the Foiling Juice useful...JJ

Reactions: PapaLlama
I'm still a rookie with the WSM, so maybe I am a bit more experimental lol. It worked out really well & the bricks worked well as a way to keep the snake rolling without lighting other ends of it. I like lump flavor, but prefer the consistency & duration of briquettes, so combining the two made sense to me.
How long of a burn did you get with that set up?

How long of a burn did you get with that set up?

The coals stayed lit for at least 10 hours. Pre-cook & cook time was about 7 hours, & I shut all the bottom vents when I brought the ribs in. 3 hours later the WSM was still too hot to relocate. Had to wait until the next morning.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky