22" Kettle mod

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
Attleboro,Ma
This is the same as I did on my 18" Kettle
16" Pizza pan fits almost perfect, 2 dollar store tin pans a few pop rivets does it. I use 2 pieces of foil to seal the edge gap
DSCN1102.JPG
Here you can see the edge gap
DSCN1103.JPG
On the table for a better pic
DSCN1105.JPG
Loaded with char coal and I put a fire starter cube on the left side
DSCN1107.JPG
The bottom sweeper vents are different on this premier then my other kettle
That will be something for me to play with.
Richie

1st smoke on it PP For Tacos

Had a chance to play with the sweeper, it worked and if I have to redo it it is simple
Cleaned the grill out used Awesome from the dollar store
DSCN1141.JPG
Heat proof tape applied outside just covering the large hole
DSCN1142.JPG
Did the same inside making sure tape stuck to tape
DSCN1146.JPG
Did a test burn using some charcoal from Walmart emptied it out an checked the tape all is good
DSCN1176.JPG
Richie

Last edited:
I like it! If you flipped the pan over and notched the ends of the upright it would catch drippings as well....
Dam what an idea, Richie!

Nice work . I remember when you did the 18 " Does the 22 have the enclosed ash pan ?

Kind of similar to a SnS Richie, should work great, Like! I'm not thrilled with the new vent design either, takes some adjustment and getting used to, but it does work. That top edge looks like it could be kind of sharp, did you file did down some. RAY

I like it! If you flipped the pan over and notched the ends of the upright it would catch drippings as well....
Dam what an idea, Richie!
Dan That may make it a fire pit collecting fat. There is more then enough room for a deeper pan. Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Nice work . I remember when you did the 18 " Does the 22 have the enclosed ash pan ?
Rich Thanks the 18" worked great I will do something to make this work better.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Kind of similar to a SnS Richie, should work great, Like! I'm not thrilled with the new vent design either, takes some adjustment and getting used to, but it does work. That top edge looks like it could be kind of sharp, did you file did down some. RAY
Ray if I added water to my drip pan it would probably be almost the same as the SS, the edge is sharp I always wear gloves when handling it. I keep it out of reach when not in use. Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

the edge is sharp I always wear gloves when handling it.
Richie , you can buy a 16 ga steel trim to finish off the sharp edge . We used to use expanded mesh in security walls . They always sent the trims with the sheets . Just slides over the cut edges .
Check Lowe's or Home Depot if you're interested .

Reactions: tropics
Richie , you can buy a 16 ga steel trim to finish off the sharp edge . We used to use expanded mesh in security walls . They always sent the trims with the sheets . Just slides over the cut edges .
Check Lowe's or Home Depot if you're interested .
Rich thank you the other for the 18 is the same haven't cut or nicked myself yet.
Richie

GATOR240 GATOR240 Thanks for the like I appreciate it, I will know how it works when I get a few cooks in it
Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky