2 First Briskets

Discussion in 'Beef' started by 2ndhandsmoke830, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Cooking my first brisket tom well actually 2. Started to get over whelmed with all the info and started thinking I might as well try it and I got 2 instead of 1😋 I just shot in the dark with my seasoning and first cook on my new smoker! Lots of firsts getting me a little nervous but I guess that's how u learn right? Lol

2. foamheart

foamheart Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

ZOMG! A horny smoker, don't drop your wood!

Brisket is the ultimate test of patience. Just leave it alone so it can smoke. Oh and spice. You are from brisket centeral, its just salt and double cracked black. Let the meat taste like meat.

The last one I tried with wrapping paper, just regular old brown wrapping paper and I really liked the results. Always before I just threw it on and left it alone. Its just a texas sized big steak

Looking forward to pictures......

3. @FoamheartHahah yeah it is! I guess it fits right in with my bachelor pad 😉
    I have some regular butcher paper I was going to try that on one of them I just wasn't sure on what time to wrap it at?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  4. foamheart

Its all on you, but I think most try to wrap at about 175. Its not cut in stone, its smoking... when ya get around to it will be perfect.

5. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Good luck with the briskets!

We'll be watching!

Al

6. 3montes

3montes Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Good luck and nice stick burner! Are you doing packers or just flats? I have never done just a flat always packers. The last time I did a packer I took it off at about 160 and seperated the flat from the point and threw both pieces back on the smoker until about 180. Then I panned them both and put some dark beer in the bottom of the pan. About a half bottle and then drank the rest. Covered the pan loosely with foil and left it in the smoker to braise for about a hour. Pulled it off and put it in the cambro to rest for about 2 hours. Absolute best brisket I ever made.

Seperating the flat from the point and putting back on exposed much more meat surface to the smoke which is what ade the difference I think.

Keep us posted.

7. @SmokinAl thanks

@3montes They are packers! 10 and 11#
    Sounds amazing! But I wouldn't have the enjoyment of drinking the other half till Easter due to the fact I gave up alcohol for lent 😔 Lol but i will def give that a shot "no pun intended " lmfao 👍👍

8. 5 hours so far internal temp is 155

9. 3montes

3montes Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Looking good! Time to wrap or pan in about 10 more degrees! Your halfway home!

10. foamheart

You know that God grants exceptions on St.Paddies Day... Its in the bible somewhere I know it is.

11. Shit c'mon I like the way you think!

12. foamheart

Or maybe its just a special papal dispensation cause he gets the tallest hats.

13. Here is the 11.5#

gary s and mike5051 like this.
  14. foamheart

It looks great, tender? Juicy?

15. @FoamheartBrisket was a success! Everyone loved it I was actually just cooking myself to get skill but 12 people ended up showing up! Everyone was impressed nice smoke juicy and tender!! I was surprised it turned out that good. Now I won't be scared of it again! Lol no rushing I did it nice and slow!! One was just ole salt and pepper and the other was a nice concoction I came up with and will be using that next time for sure!
    #relaxitsonlymeat

16. [​IMG]

Very Nice Job, They Look Great   [​IMG]      

17. foamheart

Great job. So did you give up booze? Beer? Or wine?  No one expects you to do 'em all at once.

18. @gary s thank you sir ... I am very pleased with the results.. I have completed my patience challenge Lol 👍😊