1st Dried Beef

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jmusser

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 11, 2020
Followed Bearcarvers Method for dried beef for my first go round. Thanks for the great Step by Step!
IMG_0906.jpg
IMG_0951.jpg
IMG_0966.jpg
IMG_0968.jpg
IMG_0977.jpg

Started with a small piece and cured for 10 days. Rinsed and SPOG plus Garlic Ranch. Sit in fridge.

Very light smoke as my Bradley was having smoke issues. Cooked 11 hours starting 140deg and eventually up to 180deg. Pulled when internal hit 158* . Put in fridge to sit for 2 days and sliced today. Was very impressed with taste, texture and color. Not sure what to use this for besides sandwiches but I certainly dig it.

Wow, looks great! Especially for your first time. Makes things easy using Bearcarver Bearcarver s step by steps, I have used them many times. If you are worried about getting tired of sandwiches I'll gladly help ya out with that lol! Or you could make dried beef gravy on toast or mashed potatoes. Or a dried beef dip, thinks pops6927 pops6927 posted one on here at one time.

Ryan

Reactions: jmusser
That look fantastic . What cut of beef is that ?
Not sure what to use this for besides sandwiches but I certainly dig it.
Heck I snack on it thru the day , no bread needed . I've also taken some slices and dried the rest of the way in the oven to a jerky texture .

Looks Great, jmusser!!!
Glad you like it.
Like.

My All Time Favorite Sammy is:
2 slices of fresh Italian Bread.
Coated with Miracle Whip (or Mayo).
Then some Dried Beef.
And some American Cheese.
Horseradish or Horseradish Sauce is Optional.

Bear

Thanks guys. I believe it was bottom round rump roast. Just a quick impulse buy. Like Tom Petty said "the waiting is the hardest part". Will have to check out some recipes to use this. It is on the make it again list for sure! Stay healthy and safe all!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky