10 Pounds Cheddar in the Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bill ace 350

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Dec 28, 2013
5 pounds of Cabot Seriously Sharp and 5 pounds Cabot Extra Sharp in the smoker.

All three rows of the tray filled with 50/50 mix of hickory and apple.
sharp.jpg

I lived in Vermont when a kid, and the Cabot quickly became one of my favorite cheeses from anywhere in the world. I'm not familiar with Seriously Sharp - they did not have that version back in the day. Looks like you're working on a perfect batch

i'm not sure if Seriously Sharp is sharper than Extra Sharp..... I carved an "x" in each block of extra sharp.... Will conduct an appropriate "sharpness" test!

Looks like a full smoker of cheese you got going. If you get a chance you should try their pepper jack or horseradish cheese. I tried the seriously sharp once and it was good - just a little more crumbly in texture.

Chris

Your cheese looks great!
It took on some nice color!
I love the seriously sharp, I use it in ABT's.
Al

Thanks everyone.

Had to change plans, couldn't put it back in smoker today, snowing too hard....

If we get some decent weather the next few days, I try again.

Looks good and should be ready for X-mas
Just noticed you'd served with 8th Engineers, 1CD.

I was with the 312th MI Bn, 1CD 86-89 and 93-97. ATe at the 8th Engineer Mess Hall many times... Great memories!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky