Yum Yum Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

disco

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Oct 31, 2012
Canadian Rockies
I loved my Yum Yum Chicken recipe. It used a Korean inspired sauce that was delicious. As soon as I tried it on the chicken, I knew I had to try it as a glaze for ribs.

Fortune shone on me and the local supermarket had a decent price on a rack of side ribs. It was time.

I started by trimming the ribs to a St. Louis cut. I cut a straight line parallel to the straight edge of the ribs just above the knuckle on the longest rib. Then I cut the flap off the end of the ribs to square them up.

I used a paper towel to grip the silver skin on the back of the ribs and pull it off.

Yum Yum Ribs 01.jpg

I cut the trimmings into about 1 to 1 ½ inch cubes to make rib tips for future use. See my post on rib tips for details.

I sprinkled Bub and Mutha’s rub over the ribs and the trimmings.

I preheated my Traeger Timberline to 240 F (115 C) and put the ribs and rib pieces on. I smoked them for 2 hours.

Yum Yum Ribs 02.jpg

I brought the ribs in and put them on foil.

I spread 25 ml (2 tablespoons) of honey over the ribs and dotted them with 25 ml (2 tablespoons) of butter.

I wrapped the foil around the ribs leaving an opening. I poured 125 ml (1/2 cup) orange juice into the foil and finished sealing it.

I put it back on the smoker for 2 hours.

Yum Yum Ribs 04.jpg

While the ribs were cooking, I made my Yum Yum Sauce by mixing the following in a saucepan:

• 25 ml (2 tablespoons) chili sauce
  • 25 ml (2 tablespoons) honey
  • 25 ml (2 tablespoons) brown sugar
  • 20 ml (4 teaspoons) ketchup
  • 15 ml (1 tablespoon) minced garlic
  • 8 ml (1 1/2 teaspoon) soy sauce
  • 5 ml (1 teaspoon) sesame oil
  • 5 ml (1 teaspoon) rice vinegar
  • 3 ml (1/2 teaspoon) ground ginger
  • 1 to 3 ml (1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon) Sriracha, optional
I heated it until it just started bubbling, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and set aside.

After the ribs had cooked in the foil for 2 hours, I removed them from the foil and brushed them with the Yum Yum sauce. I cooked for 15 minutes longer.

I brushed the ribs again and cooked for another 15 minutes.

Yum Yum Ribs 06.jpg

I cut the ribs into 2 rib sections and served them with Easy Smoker Potatoes and a nice Caesar Salad.

Yum Yum Ribs 08.jpg
Yum Yum Ribs 09.jpg

The Verdict

These were terrific. The sauce gave them a sweet/tangy glaze and the ribs were fall from the bone but not so much they fell apart as you were eating them.

Disco

Looking mighty good and tasty Disco. Well done

Point for sure
Chris

Your ribs look great! So does your whole plate, yummy for sure.

Ryan

There is a reason these are called yum yum. And all I have to say is yum yum!

WOW! Another great piece of art. Those Ribs look great. The color is great too! Looks perfectly cooked. I'll be trying that sauce next time I do Ribs as well. Thanks for sharing. Your instructions are always very easy to follow. Big like.

Mike

A fine piece of work Disco, Like! RAY

Thanks Ray!

WOW! Another great piece of art. Those Ribs look great. The color is great too! Looks perfectly cooked. I'll be trying that sauce next time I do Ribs as well. Thanks for sharing. Your instructions are always very easy to follow. Big like.

Mike

You are very generous, Mike. Thanks!

Very nice as usual Disco! Looks great!

Thanks so much!

Ribs look absolutely delicious! Beautiful plate! This Yum Yum Sauce.... never tied before... bookmarked and in my arcive will be trying shortly....

Thanks. I made the Yum Yum sauce up so I'm not surprised you haven't seen it. I hope you like it as much as I do.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky