Yet another Rib Roast (With Qview)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Mar 22, 2008
Florida
I did a 13 lb roast yesterday for Christmas dinner. Coated with EVOO then sprinkled with salt, pepper, and garlic. Used a combo of apple and cherry wood and kept the smoker between 225 and 250. When it hit 133 I pulled it and wrapped in foil and towels and into a warm dry cooler till slicing just before dinner. Thanks for looking

0122acf8_DSC02961.jpg

2efc35a7_DSC02962.jpg

ffb2f84c_DSC02963.jpg

86952f01_DSC02966.jpg

96806742_DSC02967.jpg

068f112b_DSC02971.jpg

87095b69_DSC02973.jpg

icon_cool.gif

Yes Jerry thats a great way to spend Christmas Dinner. I'm sure you and yours loved it and you all have a Very Merry Christmas too.  

It took 5 hours in the smoker and the smoker wanted to stay around 240-245 most of the smoke

Look delicious! We did one yesterday also. I pulled it at 120* and it was perfect medium rare. Looking at yours it's obvious I lost temp control a couple of times because mine did not looks as evenly cooked. Anyway, we are getting ready to sit down for leftovers.

Great job, Jerry!  But, how did you get everyone to wait long enough to get a picture of the whole thing sliced?  I had to beat 'em off with the back end of the cimeter just to keep 'em from grabbing and chawing!  lol!  Wonderful looking prime beast!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky