• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Yet another Rib Roast (With Qview)

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Mar 22, 2008
I did a 13 lb roast yesterday for Christmas dinner. Coated with EVOO then sprinkled with salt, pepper, and garlic. Used a combo of apple and cherry wood and kept the smoker between 225 and 250. When it hit 133 I pulled it and wrapped in foil and towels and into a warm dry cooler till slicing just before dinner. Thanks for looking

ellymae

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 21, 2009
OK - I'm hungry again... thanks!

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010
That looks very nice

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
That looks just plain AWESOME Jerry !!!!

Thanks for showing!

Bear

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Yes Jerry thats a great way to spend Christmas Dinner. I'm sure you and yours loved it and you all have a Very Merry Christmas too.  

pineywoods

Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Mar 22, 2008
It took 5 hours in the smoker and the smoker wanted to stay around 240-245 most of the smoke

smokinstevo27

Master of the Pit
Joined Aug 17, 2010
Wow! The thread title says "yet another" I personally can't find the redundancy in looking at something that gorgeous.

grouper sandwich

Meat Mopper
Joined Feb 4, 2009
Look delicious! We did one yesterday also. I pulled it at 120* and it was perfect medium rare. Looking at yours it's obvious I lost temp control a couple of times because mine did not looks as evenly cooked. Anyway, we are getting ready to sit down for leftovers.

DanMcG

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
Nice job on that side of beef Jerry, It looks perfect.

otter

Meat Mopper
Joined Apr 17, 2010
Jerry that looks great as always hope You and yours had a great Christmas

pops6927

Gone but never forgotten.
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jul 23, 2008
Great job, Jerry!  But, how did you get everyone to wait long enough to get a picture of the whole thing sliced?  I had to beat 'em off with the back end of the cimeter just to keep 'em from grabbing and chawing!  lol!  Wonderful looking prime beast!

Latest posts

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.