Yes, I sinned!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

6GRILLZNTN

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 12, 2018
Murfreesboro, TN
So I pulled a Captain Lazy and broke out the indoor smokeless grill. It's been raining buckets here in Middle TN, and tending to one of my Webers in the rain didn't apeal to me. I coated a NY Strip with Montreal, vacuum sealed it, and in the fridge for an overnighter. I have to admit, in a pinch, this little grill does a pretty fine job. Poured in some liquid smoke in the water pan, and turned it up full blast. Not too shabby, and I stayed dry.
IMG_1222.jpeg

Never a sin when Mother Nature or anything else stops the outdoor fun.

Looks great from here Dave.
Mona gave me one for Christmas, I just have not had time for it either

Maybe tomorrow as we are also getting another Nor-Easter blowing through. And dropping another bunch of snow.

David

No sin there at all! Looks great! I admit I’ve softened over time. If it’s too cold or too snowy, I cook inside. There is great value in comfort.

Reactions: JLeonard
Thanks for the compliments guys. I actually like this grill. It's got it's con's (cleanup is NOT fun), but it gets the job done.

Although I think they're technically illegal for use indoors, occasionally you'll see some "indoor cookers" that are largely sealed (some are even pressure cookers) but still can burn about a tablespoon of pellets using the air that's contained in the cooker. So they're smoking the food inside but (nearly) "smokeless" outside. Is that your style? If so, is it still commercially available?

Or is yours strictly electric heating and the only smoke is coming from the liquid smoke?

Although I think they're technically illegal for use indoors, occasionally you'll see some "indoor cookers" that are largely sealed (some are even pressure cookers) but still can burn about a tablespoon of pellets using the air that's contained in the cooker. So they're smoking the food inside but (nearly) "smokeless" outside. Is that your style? If so, is it still commercially available?

Or is yours strictly electric heating and the only smoke is coming from the liquid smoke?
It's an indoor electric grill, but I will verify it's smokeless. It has a fan that circurlates the fumes through a water pan. I poured some liquid smoke in that pan with the water. Did it add smoke flavor like my Webers? Nope!

Reactions: bill1 and JLeonard
Looks like a great meal! No worries man, when we go camping there is no telling what we cook on.its all about feeding people

Ten our Fathers and 10 Hail Mary's and all sins will be forgiven.

That looks and sounds like some good tasting chow Dave.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky