• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Yellow Fin Tuna with Qview

smokyjeep

Fire Starter
Joined Jan 10, 2011
Have some yellow fin tuna in the smoker for friend. Can't wait until its done! I'm using pecan for the smoke.

Plus video with walk around of the smoker.

Last edited:

jirodriguez

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2009
Very cool smoker! I like the dedicated hot grill section.

shoneyboy

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 3, 2010
Tuna is one of my favorite fish!!!!! I have never thought about smoking it....I get it grilled every chance I can, But smoked....
 I just can't wait to try it!!! Thanks for the ideal.....What temp do you cook it to?

smokyjeep

Fire Starter
Joined Jan 10, 2011
Thanks! I cook it to about 140*. The smoker stayed about, 160* all day on low with is perfect for fish.

xjcamaro

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 16, 2009
I have some yellow fin straight off the boat from the last time i went to Hatteras, NC. Ive been wanting to smoke it but i never seem to remember to get it out of the freezer. How long did it take to smoke?

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Now I really like tuna smoked too. We have mostly black fin here on the east coast of Fla. I really like your smoker and I don't think that I have every seen a gas heated side box smoker like that before either. Very cool

smokyjeep

Fire Starter
Joined Jan 10, 2011
I have some yellow fin straight off the boat from the last time i went to Hatteras, NC. Ive been wanting to smoke it but i never seem to remember to get it out of the freezer. How long did it take to smoke?
It took 6 hours to smoke. Its great that's what I'm having for lunch today.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Looks good smokyjeep!

What kind of muffler ya got on there---awful quiet tail pipe!

Bear

porked

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Apr 2, 2009
Great post, I never even thought about smoking tuna, thanks. Nice rig too I might add.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.