Yellow Fin Tuna with Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokyjeep

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 10, 2011
Have some yellow fin tuna in the smoker for friend. Can't wait until its done! I'm using pecan for the smoke.

Plus video with walk around of the smoker.

79484388_Fishsmoke1-16-2011004.jpg

Last edited:
Tuna is one of my favorite fish!!!!! I have never thought about smoking it....I get it grilled every chance I can, But smoked....
drool.gif
 I just can't wait to try it!!! Thanks for the ideal.....What temp do you cook it to?

Thanks! I cook it to about 140*. The smoker stayed about, 160* all day on low with is perfect for fish.

I have some yellow fin straight off the boat from the last time i went to Hatteras, NC. Ive been wanting to smoke it but i never seem to remember to get it out of the freezer. How long did it take to smoke?

icon_cool.gif

Now I really like tuna smoked too. We have mostly black fin here on the east coast of Fla. I really like your smoker and I don't think that I have every seen a gas heated side box smoker like that before either. Very cool

I have some yellow fin straight off the boat from the last time i went to Hatteras, NC. Ive been wanting to smoke it but i never seem to remember to get it out of the freezer. How long did it take to smoke?
It took 6 hours to smoke. Its great that's what I'm having for lunch today.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky