Wisconsin Bratwursts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mossymo

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
May 30, 2007
Glenburn, North Dakota
Wisconsin bratwursts we made up with pork trimmings from this last competition season getting a light sear over the Vortex.

1.jpg

-----

Simmering in butter, onions, sauerkraut and beer until up to temp.

2.jpg

-----

Wisconsin brats with all the toppings! One plate with spicy brown mustard added.

3.jpg

-----

421799414_774416094612524_5442448430331598624_n.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Wisconsin bratwursts we made up with pork trimmings from this last competition season getting a light sear over the Vortex.

View attachment 691785
-----

Simmering in butter, onions, sauerkraut and beer until up to temp.

View attachment 691786
-----

Wisconsin brats with all the toppings! One plate with spicy brown mustard added.

View attachment 691788
-----

View attachment 691789

Thanks for looking!
Lookin good!

How do you keep the casings from being super chewy when finishing in liquid? I never finish mine in liquid because of that reason. Only flame grill cooking for me to ensure the casings are good.

• Love
Reactions: mossymo and nlife
Lookin good!

How do you keep the casings from being super chewy when finishing in liquid? I never finish mine in liquid because of that reason. Only flame grill cooking for me to ensure the casings are good.

Thanks!
Quality casings are key! We found that soaking the natural casing overnight was a huge improvement for us, and we recommend it. We tried a couple of suppliers and finally found one that we can stand behind that we sell on our site.

Thanks!
Quality casings are key! We found that soaking the natural casing overnight was a huge improvement for us, and we recommend it. We tried a couple of suppliers and finally found one that we can stand behind that we sell on our site.
Thanks for the info.

My casings are from Sausage Maker atm. I haven't boiled in a while but will see whats up.
I believe hey claim all their casings come from US hogs these days but not sure how exactly that relates to the quality.

Reactions: mossymo
Sure looks tasty! Got me ready for some brats. I think I'm down to two packs of brat patties in the freezer.

• Love
Great Job on those brats Marty. You did Wisconsin proud.

Point for sure
Chris

• Love
  • Love
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky