Wings two ways

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

S-met

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 1, 2019
Nor Cal
Haven't been around much, this whole covid thing has me putting in ridiculous hours. And I'm salary sooo... its not OT.

I took today off and made wings! Last night was chicken wings in an asian glaze
20200331_203901.jpg

Tonight, stuffed turkey wings. Deboned the 1st and second section leaving only the tip. Stuffed with turkey, pork sausage and bean vermicelli noodles.
20200401_183239.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Very nice! We've been using a Pineapple Turmeric glaze on wings for a while. I can't remember the last time I made hot wings...
I like the idea of the stuffed Turkey wings, especially the noodles. I see them now and then at MEIJER.
Like!

Reactions: S-met
Those both look fantastic! The turkey wings are an awesome idea. Is it a pain to debone them?

Those both look fantastic! The turkey wings are an awesome idea. Is it a pain to debone them?
I'm curious about the deboning as well.
Yes, a pain. Seems like the skin holds more to turkey wings than chicken wings. But keep in mind that I rarely do this; maybe1-2x a year. Usually about the time I get to the last wing is when it starts to get easier.

The challenge is removing the bone without popping holes in the skin. Its kind of like peeling the layer off of the back of ribs in one piece, but its stretchy and easier to tear. Like so many things, probably easy if you do it regularly.

I start at the top where it attaches to the body. Then peel it back over the 1st joint. I'll separate the top section (drummette) and continue to the section until I get it over the wingtip. Separate the section again. Remove the meat from bones and add it back into whatever filling I use.

Yes, a pain. Seems like the skin holds more to turkey wings than chicken wings. But keep in mind that I rarely do this; maybe1-2x a year. Usually about the time I get to the last wing is when it starts to get easier.

The challenge is removing the bone without popping holes in the skin. Its kind of like peeling the layer off of the back of ribs in one piece, but its stretchy and easier to tear. Like so many things, probably easy if you do it regularly.

I start at the top where it attaches to the body. Then peel it back over the 1st joint. I'll separate the top section (drummette) and continue to the section until I get it over the wingtip. Separate the section again. Remove the meat from bones and add it back into whatever filling I use.
Im gonna have to give this a try sometime. I dont mind spending the time as long as its only a few. I made chicken lollipops for a group of 30 once. Removing tendons, cleaning the bone and wraping the bone in foil. Never again! Lol. But I still make them in small amounts. 10 at a time is not so bad.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky