Wife's Christmas Present

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KM0AGA

Smoke Blower
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 25, 2022
Iowa
My wife said she wanted one of these for Christmas. Char Griller 36 inch flat iron griddle. I caught it on sale at Menards for $200.00 back in October. I have used BS in the past. I liked this because the burners have a wind protection, better temperature control, and it came with a metal lid to cover the griddle top. It's a win-win for me.

Attachments

• burner view.jpg
    burner view.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 27
  • Cover.jpg
    Cover.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 28
  • drip pan.jpg
    drip pan.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Front with lid.jpg
    Front with lid.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Front with shelves out.jpg
    Front with shelves out.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 31
  • griddle controls.jpg
    griddle controls.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 29
  • propane tank holder.jpg
    propane tank holder.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Rear with lid holder.jpg
    Rear with lid holder.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 25
My wife said she wanted one of these for Christmas. Char Griller 36 inch flat iron griddle. I caught it on sale at Menards for $200.00 back in October. I have used BS in the past. I liked this because the burners have a wind protection, better temperature control, and it came with a metal lid to cover the griddle top. It's a win-win for me.
Congrats to the wife...... or to you....

They sell a lid for your Blackstone. Mine was the pro so it has a hinged lid
Yes, but I figured I’d save the money and use scrap wood and paint. I have a cover already, just not hard. Gives me an excuse to take my son out and play with power tools🤣

• Haha
Reactions: TNJAKE
Looks good.
I'm a bit leery of the Char Griller line for the products (not flat top) I've shopped.
I have a BS and will either buy their hood or fabricate my own. I want something to use while cooking to hold heat or steam.
I so miss Menard's while in Florida. Beats the crap out of the other box stores for products and prices.

I have the BS, I like the grease dump on yours better.
I was looking at that gerase dump too and comparing it to my BS rear drain. Somehow I can see my shrimp, chicken and other things I toss around jumping in there like lemmings..
I would turn that griddle. Just be sure to take your time and get it super clean, dry and then seasoned right the first time. Nice gift for sure!
For the rest of you BS guys, I got a third party slide on lid from the big A and it works nice. I raise it up by the front handle and slide it back and down until the hooks catch on the back of the griddle. Ita wasn't expensive either.

I'll speak for myself when I say the griddle is the most useful outdoor cooking device.

My 22"BS didn't come with a lid. Haven't felt the need to get one. It stays in the garage when not in use. I have a round basting cover if the food I'm cooking needs to get steamed or melted.
My 17"BS came with a lid. Which I like when storing in the RV. Also got the adapter to hook up to the RV gas supply.
The Char Griller flat top looks nice. I'm just leery over the name.

good husband.......... enjoy!

Thanks for the comments. Now I have to figure out how to teach my wife cooking on "high" temperature is not the norm. She does not want to understand about "med-high" and preheat.

It is a daily battle over my perfectly seasoned cast iron skillets.

Thanks for the comments. Now I have to figure out how to teach my wife cooking on "high" temperature is not the norm. She does not want to understand about "med-high" and preheat.

It is a daily battle over my perfectly seasoned cast iron skillets.
With a flat top. An infrared thermometer is a good investment if you don't already have one.

I have one. My wife has her belief on cooking with high temperatures.

Reactions: Steve H
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky