Wife’s First Solo Smoke....Meatloaf Marsala and Beef Ribs!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
Ok we had some left over beef from the burgers over the weekend so I suggested some smoked meatloaf to the wife and she took the idea and ran with it.

So I got caught on a work phone call and to my surprise when I got off the call she was putting a loaf and a few beef ribs on the pellet smoker @ 275....My mind was spinning. She mixed 1.5lbs of 80/20 ground chuck with 0.5 lb of jimmy deans pork sausage. Then she chopped some carrot, celery, onion, garlic and pan seared them in some beef broth, Marsala, and a little worcestershire with some fresh thyme. This was mixed with the ground beef/pork, bread crumbs, graded parm, & 2 eggs.

She smoked it 275 275 till IT was 160 then pulled to carry to 165 and bingo!
F68C1F89-B498-4B98-B60A-A98FDE626C74.jpeg

She then then made up some Tyler Florence creamy Marsala sauce and Gordon Ramsay Yukon mash to go with it.

So this is what I found when I came out of the home office for din din........mind blown!
B08918ED-8182-4F24-8575-8BEC52847CF2.jpeg

This is pure honey money!
E4FE41CC-797D-4C4A-A2D1-11E8860F0D9B.jpeg

All I can say is I’m utterly speechless on what she turned out......not many words at dinner just a lot of eyes rolling and grins!

Looks outstanding she did great. You better watch out she may claim that as her smoker and tell you hands off lol'

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Now you did it!!! For Generations Fire and Smoke was a MAN'S escape. A place outside the Cave, a place to unwind.
You went and gave your Wife a Whiff of Smoke. Your Sanctuary may be gone forever ...OMG what if she Tells Two Friends and they tell two friends and so on and so on!!!! Gentlemen, we may be witnessing the collapse of our complete way of Life!!!
Well...At least she made a Terrific Meal and we can always find some thing to fix as the faint essence of distant Smoke wafts by reminding us of the Glory Days of Man...JJ😢😆😃

Really awesome looking food!

That is one beautiful looking meal CS! Your wife did an awesome job with everything.

Now she just needs her own screenname on SMF just in case you try taking credit for her cooking:emoji_laughing::emoji_wink:

Wow Civil!! She did an outstanding job. That meal looks spectacular. Kudos to your wife!! She sounds like a keeper so you better keep her happy...like buying her a smoker she can call her own.

Robert

That's Great, Civil!!!
Looks Great too---She must have been paying attention to what you've been doing all along!!!
She used the same mix I'm currently using for my Burgers---I just cut a 3 pound roll of Beef in half, and a 1 pound chub of Jimmy Dean Sausage, and turn them into 75% Beef and 25% Pork Burgers.
Nice Job, by the Boss!!
Like.

Bear

Now that is an awesome meal!
My wife has been cooking on the gas grill lately.
Won’t be too long before she is using the Lang!!!
Al

Looks outstanding she did great. You better watch out she may claim that as her smoker and tell you hands off lol'
Thanks piney, and if she takes it over that gives me a reason to build another one!!!

That’s awesome!!! Dinner looks sooo good! Like Piney said....you might need to get another smoker for you!!!! lol!
Thanks yankee!....Oh I have plans hidden as well as mysterious materials building a stock pile....lol

Now you did it!!! For Generations Fire and Smoke was a MAN'S escape. A place outside the Cave, a place to unwind.
You went and gave your Wife a Whiff of Smoke. Your Sanctuary may be gone forever ...OMG what if she Tells Two Friends and they tell two friends and so on and so on!!!! Gentlemen, we may be witnessing the collapse of our complete way of Life!!!
Well...At least she made a Terrific Meal and we can always find some thing to fix as the faint essence of distant Smoke wafts by reminding us of the Glory Days of Man...JJ😢😆😃

Really awesome looking food!
LOL thanks and I Oh JJ, I know but I was powerless when she looked at me and said "I want it low and slow"...….Just put me in concrete shoes and toss me over board! Today when I came to my senses, I joked with her that oh since she has taking over the pellet, I can build another smoker to keep things even...….Her response was if you never want me to smoke again then keep that talk up! It was a great meal though!

That is one beautiful looking meal CS! Your wife did an awesome job with everything.

Now she just needs her own screenname on SMF just in case you try taking credit for her cooking:emoji_laughing::emoji_wink:
Thanks XR! Oh I've tried to get her a screen name on SMF and she just looks at me and rolls her eyes....and says I don't like to cook... that's your thing!

• Haha
Reactions: chef jimmyj
That is truly one fantastic looking dinner plate, big Like! RAY
Thanks RAY, I will pass on the good word to the wife!

Wow Civil!! She did an outstanding job. That meal looks spectacular. Kudos to your wife!! She sounds like a keeper so you better keep her happy...like buying her a smoker she can call her own.

Robert
Thanks Robert! I usually don't have a problem finding words to speak, so when I say I was speechless that says something. When I announced that that was he first solo smoke she looked at me and asked....so how did I do? Trust me I didn't mess up the answer! I will pass your comments on to her!

Looks fantastic .
I love the Tyler Florence ultimate recipes .
Thanks Chop. We do a few Tyler F. recipes, but his creamy marsala is our Fav!

That's Great, Civil!!!
Looks Great too---She must have been paying attention to what you've been doing all along!!!
She used the same mix I'm currently using for my Burgers---I just cut a 3 pound roll of Beef in half, and a 1 pound chub of Jimmy Dean Sausage, and turn them into 75% Beef and 25% Pork Burgers.
Nice Job, by the Boss!!
Like.

Bear
Thanks Bear and "the Boss".

Before my call, I was going to do the prep work and all but she said "hey you need to follow a real recipe and not one with weird stuff in it if you want me to eat.....So I held off and she took over. I think she had it planned all along! BTW its a great mix!

Holy cow man! that looks so good! Shes a keeper.
Thanks Sandy! I'm not letting go by any means!

Now that is an awesome meal!
My wife has been cooking on the gas grill lately.
Won’t be too long before she is using the Lang!!!
Al
Thanks Al, and be warned it happens fast! Before you know it that Lang will be painted pink!

WOW looks great ! Now you need a "MS Smoker" lol
Thanks 912! MS CS would rule the house......well I should say DOES rule the house....LOL. Its called positive reinforcement for good behavior......

Reactions: 912smoker
Amazing looking meal! You may need to get “hung up on a business call” more often.
Jim
Thanks Jim and YES I DO! I know the summer honey do list is approaching so I am treading lightly.....LOL

Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky