Why I Shop At Giant !

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
You guys aren't gonna believe this.

I got a bunch of meat the other day at Giant.

I usually compute the cost in my head, before I get to the register, but I forgot to do that this time.

So I didn't check the prices until I got home.

One of the items was standing rib roast, on sale for $5.99 per pound.

Would you believe I got 11.44 LBS of standing rib roast for FREE ?????????????

Here is what happened:

I asked the butcher to cut me 10 steaks (1" thick) out of a standing rib roast, and throw them all in one wrapper, and I would vacuum pack them when I get home. He did that for me. The price was $68.53 for 11.44 pounds.

Then when I got home, we discovered the cash register screwed up, and charged me $90.19 for the steaks.

Mrs Bear took the slip in this morning to get a refund for the $21.66 difference.

Turns out they would not give her the $21.66 difference, because their store policy is "If the cash register rings up the wrong amount, causing you to pay more for an item, you get all of that money back".

So I paid $90.19 for 10 Rib Steaks, instead of $68.53. Then I got the entire $90.19 back.

Bottom Line-----"$0.00"

Pretty good deal---huh?

Bear

My whole quarry of meat that day:

f3b71a7b_DSC02054.jpg

10 FREE Rib Steaks:

8e68987b_DSC02066.jpg

closeup of 6 of them:

710a7e03_DSC02068.jpg

Wrapped in pairs for Me & Mrs Bear-----Five Great Meals for Free!

0c9b9ad9_DSC02070.jpg

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
Shweet!!  Last year I bought a whole prime rib roast from them.  Now I also bought a whole lot more meat and other stuff for our Notre Dame tailgating party, when I got home I looked at the slip and the butcher I guess messed up and only charged me $2.99 pp!! 

WOW! That is an amazing deal. I shop at Giant because in my neck of the woods you earn points for $$ off of gas from Shell stations. Every $1 you spend you get a point and 100 points equal 10 cents off a gallon. One time I had $1.20 off a gallon. I would rather have the meat you got for free though. Nice score!

Wow, I would shop there too....  Most stores would argue with you over getting the overpayment back...

Very nice!  I shop Giant too and took advantage of the $6.99/lb CAB rib roasts they have on sale this week - and they are pretty steaks...

b52d6a7e_IMAG0168.jpg

bc098d35_IMAG0169.jpg

Thanks guys!

Here I was on Monday---upset because I didn't calculate roughly in my head, before I got to the cash register, like I usually do.

Then I told Mrs Bear----My fault---I should have caught a $22 mistake at the store.

She said, "It's not a big deal, I'll get the $22 difference back when I go shopping Friday".

Then instead of giving her the $22 difference, they give the her the WHOLE $90 back!

I couldn't believe it !

The only other time anything like that happen to me was when I got a pack of shrimp from Giant.

Got it home & opened it. It smelled like a dead fish that had been laying in the sun for 3 days!

I chucked it in the woods. Mrs Bear took the label back to them.

They followed their store policy & gave us DOUBLE our money back!

I like their policies!

Bear

Bear

Wow, unbelievable luck there Bear. I think everyone has them on sale this week for Easter. I picked up 2 roasts last night at a nice savings, notice, I said nice...but not your kinda nice.

Nice score! Those are some excelent looking steaks! I love high heat grilling those then topping them with crumbled blue cheese and sauted mushrooms.

Thanks Porked, Scott, SQWIB, Johnny, and Rob !

LOL---My first reaction, when Mrs Bear said the gave us the whole $90 back for the 11.44 pounds of Prime Rib-------"Huh?"

Bear

Nice deal you got. The Albertsons here in town does the same thing but they never make a mistake on my order dang it

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky