Whole Feral Piglet... and some other goodies

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Start with some fresh feral piglet(s)

Gut/skin and leave whole

Dust both sides liberally with rub

I gave it a beautiful sear over high direct heat and the lowered the temp, add some wood chips and smoked for a hour + per side

I brought the hams up to 165' before pulling it

After resting for half an hour it fell apart at the joints and was falling off the bones

Fresh Roasted Piglet
Fresh Venison Liver & Heart
Mac & Cheese
Seafood Pasta Salad
Choice of Green Salads

Money Shot

Looks tasty,how's the pork taste compared to store bought?
Same as any heritage breed hog versus mass produced/farmed hogs, apples and oranges.
There is real flavor in these piggies.
Go buy a free range Berkshire, shoot a mixed breed feral or Russian hog, and you'll know real swine flavor and why it is so highly regarded.
The swine is divine!

Last edited:
Reactions: wwideersmoker
NICE!!!

I so want some shoats but I can't consistently get into feral hogs since I don't have land that they are on and my other options are either unreliable or very short lived.

Also I too cut my pork meat with a fork and a pistol :P hahahaha

Reactions: wwideersmoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky