Whole chickens with Disco's guidance

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

loosechangedru

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 15, 2011
Gainesville, FL
I started thawing 4 chickens a few days ago, figuring I'd have a plan by this weekend. Nope.

Thankfully, I got a few tips from Disco (Preacher Man, I'm making pulled chicken tacos your way next time around). I combined the glaze and dipping sauce from his Cambodia Chicken with his Piri Piri seasoning, and used his rub from Koss Sauce Chicken with a different brand sauce (tho I did look for Koss). Everything brined for 6 hours, glazed and sauced respectively, and then onto the smoker @ 350* skin side down for 25 minutes. Flipped them and plan to smoke them to 160* using pecan wood for the first time. IT at 138 in the breast this very second. Updates very soon!

That's the not-Koss Sauce and rub on the left, and Piri piri with garlic-paprika glaze on the right.
20190113_194544.jpg

Reactions: orionrid
Oh, man! Best chicken I've ever made. I don't know if it was the spatchcock technique or the Cambodia dipping sauce, but I'm gonna keep doing both. And I need to explore whatever type of seasonings are considered "Cambodian." I added lime zest to the soy sauce, lime juice, and black pepper dipping sauce. Perfect.

20190113_213421.jpg
20190113_214922.jpg
20190113_215219.jpg

Every piece was falling apart! The piri piri blend gave an aromatic, kind of floral taste - really nice.
Thank you, Disco!

Damn that looks great points on the cook!

I spatchcocked two turkeys and smoked them this past thanksgiving and I’ll never look back...that’s the way to do birds no doubt.

Looooking good. yumm

Point for sure.
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky