Koss Sauce Chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

disco

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Oct 31, 2012
Canadian Rockies
As noted in my prior post, I had friends over and made two chickens. I experimented with one but the second bird was done with about as basic a smoke as you could with a rub and a sauce. For the rub, I used a Creole Spice Rub:

• 18 ml (1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon) paprika
  • 10 ml (2 teaspoons) ground black pepper
  • 10 ml (2 teaspoons) dried oregano
  • 10 ml (2 teaspoons) garlic powder
  • 10 ml (2 teaspoons) kosher salt
  • 6 ml (1 1/4 teaspoon) dried thyme
  • 5 ml (1 teaspoon) cayenne
  • 5 ml (1 teaspoon) onion powder
  • 4 ml (3/4 teaspoon) dried basil

For the sauce I used Koss Sauce. It is more of a general purpose sauce than just a barbecue sauce. It is thinner than most commercial Q sauces and has a less sweet and tomato base. It has a great complex flavour that leaves a pleasant heat on your tongue. I find it glazes better than many Q sauces because it is less sweet.

I spatchcocked the chicken and gave the skin a rub with the Creole Spice Rub. I worked some of the spice mix under the skin and put it on a 250 F smoker.

Koss Sauce Chicken 1.jpg

I smoked it to and IT of 165 and brushed it liberally with Koss Sauce and smoked for 20 to 30 minutes longer to set the glaze. I let it sit for 10 minutes and then cut into serving size pieces. I served it with some sauce in a bowl for dipping.

Koss Sauce Chicken 2.jpg

The Verdict

Simple can be delicious. My friends thoroughly enjoyed this.

Disco

Your on a tear Disco, the second verse as good as the first.

Point for sure.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky