Who Bacon W.H.O. ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
SERIOUSLY!?!?! Big difference between smoking a Pack a day and Bacon and Eggs on Sunday. WHO, go eat your Rabbit Food and stay the FUNK out of my Kitchen!...JJ

We eat bacon and ham a few times a year.  I'm not gonna worry about it.

I've smoked 3 packs a day of cigs for 50+ years, drank copious amounts of beer, and ate bacon and ham and other smoked meat and foods, and I'll be 70 in 3 months.  Healthy recommendation.  NO! 

I wish I could give up the cigs.  That's probably the worst for me, even though I smoke them more like a cigar, rather than sucking it down with deep drags.

Give up Beer?  NEVER!  

Give up  Smoked, or cured food?  NEVER-EVER!  LOL

Doctors can kiss my Ham sometimes!

Several year ago I got the worst flu or infection ever!  I spent 3 nights in my semi-truck, puking and crapping only 100 miles from home.   I couldn't drive even that far. 

It sounds gross, but I used gallon zip bags for both.  I couldn't even make in to the truck stop restrooms in time.  Finally made it home, and it continued for days.  Went to my doctor and told him I was afraid I was going to die a couple of night before.  (True!  I was in my chair wondering whether I should go to bed with wife or stay in the chair.  Where would she like least, to find me dead in morning?)

Yeah, that sick.  Been 10-12 days at that point since I had ate anything, and didn't even smoke cigs.  I'm talking SICK!

Could hardly breathe right.  My lungs were full of congestion.  Doc told me I had COPD, and gave me a breathing test to back his theory up.

Are you kidding me?! 

I took the test, and even in that condition, he said he was surprised at my lung capacity.  But he didn't do a swab to see what affliction I had.  10 days later I went back, after still not eating, drinking little and no smoking, and told him to see just what I had.  He said it was too late for a swab by then and would result in no help.  I was very dehydrated, weak, and looked like skin and bones in the mirror.

End of story...  I didn't eat for almost 20 days and could drink little fluid.  Lost 28 lb. in 2 weeks.  Lost work for 4 weeks. 

Changed doctors soon after.  I was accused of doctor shopping, when I asked to change.  I said DAMN RIGHT!  Looking for a good one!

Now before anyone jumps on me for promoting an unhealthy lifestyle, let me say right off the top, that smoking cig's and such, is bad.

Too  much alcohol is bad,  Too much of anything is bad for you.  Remember the Bible says to "use all things in moderation".  May not be an exact quote, but it is the gist of it.

WOW!  didn't intend on saying all of this?  I guess it just hit a nerve in me.  Sorry.

Last edited:
hit.gif
 WTH LOL 

The WHO has been left leaning on most issues and is influenced by the enviro lobby. They come out with these 'studies' every few years and it's always something new that is gonna kill you. This is just more of their ongoing war on meat.

Just gives us a better excuse, I think, as we all minimally process our meat, compared to the agro-food industry.

Last edited:

Just gives us a better excuse, I think, as we all minimally process our meat.
Yep. I like to know what goes into most of what I eat. I can remember a few years back when they said coconut oil would kill you, so movie theaters quit using it to make popcorn. Never has tasted the same since. Now it's all the rage and supposed to be 'healthy.'

Way more hype than anything. Everyone knows that processed meats aren't really good for you, but having them in moderation isn't a big deal. Not going to stop me from eating what I want.

I'm sure if I ate 2 pounds of bacon every day it would not be good for me. As would eating 2 pounds of cauliflower or lettuce or cabbage or whatever.

One needs a good balanced diet plain and simple. According to these UN idiots we should all be dead.

tell that to my dad who eats bacon , sausage and eggs  or sausage gravy and biscuits for breakfast and then his bacon hambuger for lunch !

and he is 70 years old ! just make sure i am not around when you tell him !  he will be ready to
hit.gif
781.gif

Just gives us a better excuse, I think, as we all minimally process our meat.

Yep. I like to know what goes into most of what I eat. I can remember a few years back when they said coconut oil would kill you, so movie theaters quit using it to make popcorn. Never has tasted the same since. Now it's all the rage and supposed to be 'healthy.'

Yeah, these things change and cycle through. Same with eggs, bad for a long time and now they are good for you. Margarine was a healthy alternative to butter, now it is bad for you and butter is better.

Now I have been hearing the govt. is supposed to tell us that fat is not as bad for us as we thought either. Who knows?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky