Which Cover for MES 30 + ATTACHMENT

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sorry about not understanding your post. You said "under roof" and it turns out that is a term used in real estate and elsewhere to mean indoors, as you can see in this link:

"under roof" synonyms

Also, in your earlier post you said you never put it (the MES) out in the rain. I figured that had to mean indoors because, at least where I live, putting it under a porch roof is not going to keep it dry, because we regularly get 50+ mph winds with our rain.

So, sorry if I got it wrong. I wasn't trying to cause problems.

In my first reply, I said ----
"I use a regular MES cover on my MES 40, but mine is under roof, and only gets wind-blown snow on it a couple times a year."

I thought everybody here has seen my Front porch by now:

Under Roof, but not far.
Big difference between "Under Roof" and "Indoors".
With an orange strap over it due to high winds:
IMG_1537.jpg

And "johnmeyer", Here's the Difference between Under Roof and Indoors.
If this was "Indoors" there wouldn't be snow all over everything on my porch, including the top of my Smoker:
IMG_1945.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MJB05615 and SonnyE
Sorry if I missed it, but what product did you get?

Post #8 John. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Char-Broil...cal-Smoker-Cover-Model-s-Universal/1000367553
21" X 21" X 33" Said "Char Broil" as a brand on the package. Not that I cared.
I just wanted a bag for my MES 30, and it fits with a bit of room to spare. (Which makes it easy on or off.)
I have a small buoy ball under it to make it tent up so there is no place for the rains to collect, like they would on a flat surface.
Best part is no more JMSFCMSBC with a trash bag over it. And this bag has a 2 year warranty not to rust, bust, wear, or tear. For $17.99 USD, if it takes a crap in year 3 it'll be easy to replace.

Also in Post #8 I put a link for fracchia to a cover for an Oklahoma Joe's Bandera cover that could work for his MES 30 with the cold smoker attachment.
Which was the origin of his inquiry.

My solution:
20180315_165302.jpg

In my first reply, I said ----
"I use a regular MES cover on my MES 40, but mine is under roof, and only gets wind-blown snow on it a couple times a year."

I thought everybody here has seen my Front porch by now:

Under Roof, but not far.
Big difference between "Under Roof" and "Indoors".
With an orange strap over it due to high winds:
View attachment 357422

Bear, is that a river beyond the trees?

SonnyE,

Thanks for the link to your cover. It looks to be better material than the Masterbuilt, although not as nice as the Veranda. However, for the price (the Veranda is expensive) it is probably the best deal and should help the OP.

Reactions: fracchia23
SonnyE,

Thanks for the link to your cover. It looks to be better material than the Masterbuilt, although not as nice as the Veranda. However, for the price (the Veranda is expensive) it is probably the best deal and should help the OP.

Don't know about a Veranda Brand.
But the material seemed the same as the other covers they had for larger BBQ's.
I'm happy to be rid of the cardboard box and trash bag. LOL!

SonnyE,

No, not as nice as the Veranda line. But more practical, and square not rectangular.
I dug it out and it looks like what the Daughter and SIL have on their Patio/Pool furniture.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Classic-Accessories-Veranda-Square-Smoker-Cover-73012/203594179
Does not look like it would fit as well as a square cover. The MES 30 being ~19 X 19".
But I did find another possible option, The Bradley Smoker Cover has the off-set that might work for a MES 30 w/ Cold Smoker addition.

Oh, OK. I thought it might be a river.
The wife had an uncle who lived with a river flowing by his front yard in Northern California. Beautiful place!

You're right--It does look like a body of water in that pic.
It must be the way the Sun is hitting it. The roof is actually a Brown.

Bear

John, thought I'd share how I have solved weatherproofing my MES30 - cheap plastic shed.

Doors close to keep sunlight from affecting the internal temp and the top lowers for same reason. Post smoke - all closed up protecting everything inside. Survived a deluge rain storm and no leaks.

David

Attachments

• Shed with base 600 tall  .jpg
    Shed with base 600 tall .jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Doors Open  600 .jpg
    Doors Open 600 .jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 35
  • PID and Digitals  600 .jpg
    PID and Digitals 600 .jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 36
John, thought I'd share how I have solved weatherproofing my MES30 - cheap plastic shed.

Doors close to keep sunlight from affecting the internal temp and the top lowers for same reason. Post smoke - all closed up protecting everything inside. Survived a deluge rain storm and no leaks.

David

Yup---That looks very much like the one I posted a few years ago, that my Son uses for his MES.
Since this new forum platform took over, that picture can't be found in any of my searches.
They work Great, but are expensive unless you find one on a Super Sale like he did.

Bear

I bought mine at Amazon Prime. I paid $132 including shipping and tax. Today it appears $149 but I didn't go to checkout to see if they give a credit there.

Very easy to assemble. Took son-in-law at most 40 minutes and most parts simply snaps together.

that review you linked to about the cover was back in 2014..I just got one and it has no mention of being Indoor only.
I wish I had done a bit more research though..the cover is about 2 inches short :(

I bought one 3 weeks ago and im still waiting for it.When it come i will post here if is right or wrong for my 30 inches Bluetooth + attachment and i ll take some pictures

finally guys i found the cover for MES 30" Bluetooth+ATTACHMENT…. The cover is RAVENNA 55-852-045101-EC LARGE SIZE.It fits pretty good ,not perfectly but good,it's a little bit longer than necessary but is the only that fits with Mes+Attachment

finally guys i found the cover for MES 30" Bluetooth+ATTACHMENT…. The cover is RAVENNA 55-852-045101-EC LARGE SIZE.It fits pretty good ,not perfectly but good,it's a little bit longer than necessary but is the only that fits with Mes+Attachment

What attachment?---Masterbuilt Cold Smoker?

Bear

My first cover was a Masterbuilt. This is the one I have now ....was very pleased with the thickness and quality....sooo much better than the first.

This is the one I have. I got the largest one around $22.00 for my Mes 40". This one should fit the Mes 30 with slow smoker attachment but I'd measure and compare to the five sizes on this Amazon link.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky