Where to place meat

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wrwoelfel

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 11, 2012
New London, Mn
Started a pork butt this morning. Just dawned on me, does it matter what rack it is placed on? I am cooking on a propane smoker.

As long as it gets put in the smoker its all good :)  . I always put mine towards the top cause I figure the heat rises. But I have put it low on times also. Hungh, You know, I have never really thought about it. I'll be watching to see what is said also.

Try to keep away from any hot spots (if any) for good even Bark. Being that heat rises , IMHO , I'd place it on a lower shelf and having a difuser underneath.

Have fun and...

As long as it gets put in the smoker its all good :)  .
X2 and remember what they say
th_What_NO_QVIEW.gif
worthless.gif

I will get qview up when i begin to pull the pork. Just took it off the smoker. I have a different post on here from this morning with the beginning.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky