Where to Buy Good Wood?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ZekeThomas

Original poster
Sep 16, 2019
I am restarting my smoking life after 15 years of hiatus. I need to find a good wood source for apple, maple and cherry wood. Good chunks, reasonable prices. Hopefully free shipping (AZ resident).

What are your recommendations for wood sources?

ZT

I get the B&B logs and chunks. I order from ACE Hardware website and no shipping fee to pick up at their local store.

Reactions: jcam222
You can find apple and cherry chunks at your local wallyworld for pretty reasonable prices.
Maple is going to be a little harder to find locally here in the desert.
But as EdP said above you could order all three from ACE with free ship to store.
Of course, there is Amazon with free shipping for Prime members.

Thanks for all the responses...and the winner is: Ace Hardware!
Cost per pound was less than $0.70. Most places are $1.50 to $2.50 per pound.

A spreadsheet is attached to show the details. The big box stores have the best deals on charcoal per pound as well (not Ace).

Again, thanks for all the inputs. Very enlightening! :)

Attachments

• Smoking Wood.xlsx
    11.3 KB · Views: 29
I'm only seeing pinon/pinion firewood and chunks on the Ace website, which is a type of pine and not for cooking.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky