Where can I find some sheep casings?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I get quality sheep casings from butcher and packer... Been through a mess load of hanks

You'll just have to try some and see what you think

Gary

Did a lot of research on this since so many complaints of blow outs and odd sizes. These guys  http://www.makincasing.com/   are high rated and cheaper than most, shipping included. I have had no issues and they have great customer service. Pops and NEPAS uses them as well...JJ

Last edited:
I buy mine from the sausage maker ,free S&H on orders over 49. If you buy a hank you'll get free S&H !

Did a lot of research on this since so many complaints of blow outs and odd sizes. These guys  http://www.makincasing.com/   are high rated and cheaper than most, shipping included. I have had no issues and they have great customer service. Pops and NEPAS uses them as well...JJ
Jumping in here, I haven't used pre-tubed casings before. Few questions if you don't mind: How long a piece (or pieces) is on each tube? Do you really not have to flush them? Do they keep as well as salt-packed casings?

Thanks for any info.

I would like to see the responses on the pre-tubed casings as well. I have only used hog casings once.  Me and my wife tried regular salt packed sheep casings and had so many problems with getting them on the stuffer tube we gave up.  I would like to make some breakfast sausage links.

I would like to see the responses on the pre-tubed casings as well. I have only used hog casings once.  Me and my wife tried regular salt packed sheep casings and had so many problems with getting them on the stuffer tube we gave up.  I would like to make some breakfast sausage links.
How do the pretubed casings differ?

Watching. I'm wondering about the tubed casings myself. Of course, I just make my son slide them casings on the stuffer, he eats over half the product anyway!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky