When a friend asks for ribs...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bacon_crazy510

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 17, 2018
St Charles, MO
So I've got a close friend who is from Mongolia, and he had some family visiting starting this weekend. He loves the pork ribs I've cooked - we often times have potluck dinners with several groups of friends, and I'm always tasked with smoking ribs. He asked me if I'd cook some ribs for him to serve to his family this weekend ... how could I say no? He said they were having lunch at around 11am on Sunday ... so ... here we go......

Up at 3am to start the Yoder YS640S ... I let it come up to it's default temperature of 350F before turning it down to 275F.

At 4am I put three racks of St. Louis ribs on. I seasoned them on Saturday with Meat Church's "Honey Hog Bacon" rub, and let them marinate overnight.

At 8am I checked on them, rotated them, and applied a light coat of bbq sauce. (I wouldn't have sauced them myself, but was asked to..)

At around 10:30 they passed my "lift test" where I lifted one side with tongs, and the meat was limp, and very pliable.

I wrapped them in pink paper, loaded them into a heated cooler, and delivered them to my friends house. He said his family mowed through them, and loved them. That's one thing I love about BBQ - when other people express their joy in what I've cooked, it makes getting up at early hours completely worth it.
thumbnail.jpeg
thumbnail-1.jpeg
thumbnail-2.jpeg
thumbnail-3.jpeg

Those look like money for sure. I love the Honey Hog rub on ribs. Nothing better than when family & friends ask you to cook. It's the highest complement.

Reactions: bacon_crazy510
They say that Genghis Khan is related to about 16 million men living today. So chances are good your feeding distant relatives :emoji_laughing:, and it sure does look good to me. I'd be happy to be your relative.

Nice job on those ribs.

Point for sure
Chris

Those ribs are beautiful!! I hear you on the good feeling sharing good bbq. Does the heart good to see people enjoy your cooking. Nice job!

Reactions: bacon_crazy510
sawhorseray sawhorseray SmokinAl SmokinAl pushok2018 pushok2018 HalfSmoked HalfSmoked xray xray smokinvol smokinvol JC in GB JC in GB texomakid texomakid JJS JJS greatfx1959 greatfx1959 gmc2003 gmc2003 yankee2bbq yankee2bbq jcam222 jcam222

Thanks for the "likes" and comments. It is humbling to be featured in the carousel again. I'm a simple guy, and I like sharing my trials and triumphs on this board. These ribs were a triumph - It was one week ago I had the failed brisket fiasco; but people here don't judge, they try to help. Thanks to you all for being a supportive community of like minded folks that enjoy sharing great food, and great conversations.

Reactions: sawhorseray
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky