What YA cooking for the weekend ? In Texas we have 77 degree weather &

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

triplebq

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
Tx
[h2]In Texas we have a great weekend inline and I am smoking a prime brisket from Mill Street Market in Lewisville Tx . I also plan on smoking some chicken to take for my lunch next week . Plus while I am smoking I plan on doing some bass fishing .... I hope each of you has a great weekend and remember not a smoke goes by without me thinking of Ron ..[/h2]
Buddy

First thing in the morning I will be getting the bacon in the smoker for a nice cool smoke.

Been doing Bearcarvers reccomended cure and time.

Now washed and covered with pepper,granular garlic and onion powder resting in the fridge.

Pictures will be posted.

Have a great day!!

Craig

I've got two butts in the baby Lang for a birthday party Saturday  Had to go put the fan on in the greenhouse, temp is over 100 degrees in there.

Al

Having trouble deciding between a brisket and a butt, so I guess the best thing to do is both. I need to poke around in the freezer and see what else looks interesting. Might need to get a couple more rolls of vacuum bag film. Awwwww...

I am not smoking this weekend (well probably not), but i have two gallon bags of Pulled Pork in the freezer...

I am gonna make some Pulled Pork Bread... the same way you'd make Pepperoni Bread... two loafs...

Also hope to make a big Sunday dinner (thinking fried chicken & fixings)....

Yard Bird.  Whenever I do chickens, I put the word out among the family and friends and people start dropping chickens off.  I'll probably have about 8 birds on tomorrow.  If I have any rack room left, I'll probably do a rack of spares too. 

TripleB - Have you done one of those prime briskets before?  The regular old packers taste so good, I can't imagine what a Prime would be like...
drool.gif

Last edited:
Well lets see I am doing a butt,fattie,and meatloaf for the big race sunday.. the weather is not going to be great high winds and cold.. Looks like the smoker will be going in the shed again.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Hey Smoke 2 Geaux,

I'm familiar enough with Denham Springs that this is a legitimate question. 

Do they let em lose in your yard and the kids have to chase em down with fish nets?

Al

HELLO FIRST TIME ON THIS FORUM...WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS SMOKED A BONE IN PORK SHOULDER? i ALMOST ALWAYS SMOKE A PICNIC
First of all Welcome to SMF, and yes Rod we smoke bone in pork shoulder all the time. Now scoot on over to the roll call section & introduce yourself so we can all give you a proper welcome.

40-60 mph winds for today!  45 degrees F.

But I have 12 lbs of dino bones ready to go on the UDS @ 1300.  Have an oven stuffer spatchcocked in a brine also.  Got to move the Drum up to the deck due to winds.  Makes it easy to check!

Did a bunch of Cheddar, Fresh Mozz, and Edam last night.  All sealed up and napping in the 'fridge.

Hope everyone has a great smoke this weelend.  Happy President's day to all.  PS I'm off Monday, might smoke something then too.

Last edited:
[h2]In Texas we have a great weekend inline and I am smoking a prime brisket from Mill Street Market in Lewisville Tx . I also plan on smoking some chicken to take for my lunch next week . Plus while I am smoking I plan on doing some bass fishing .... I hope each of you has a great weekend and remember not a smoke goes by without me thinking of Ron ..[/h2]
Buddy
Ron's up in Colorado heaven telling us all we'd best better git smokin' this weekend!

Just smoked 9 pounds of "Unstuffed Beef Bologna" yesterday, while fighting sustained winds of 35 MPH to 45 MPH, and 60 MPH gusts !!!

Was NOT a set it & forget it kind of a day, but I WON !

Will be posting when I get my pics & data together.

Bear

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky