What to do with Eye Round Roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Cut it on a 45 degree, With out a doubt the best jerky meat eber !!

IMG_1156.JPG

I made 10# aat the end of September which my sister usually raids for her and her girl friends walk about in the Smokies. She took it ALL, there was three flavors and as usual Woodcutters reecipe was the most popular, but NONE of it came home.... LOL

Last edited:
Yes for Jerky. I was just thinkin' about doing some more, when this thread pops up......

Just picked up a (Black Angus) Beef Eye Round Roast without knowing anything about the cut or what to do with it. Didn't see anything obvious in our two Raichlen cookbooks but perhaps there are similar cuts. It's big, even cutting it in half we'll have two roasts of about 2-1/4LB each, a good 3" thick. On our kamado, any ideas on preparation or recipe, and expectations on results? It certainly looks good in the package, some marbling apparent, but have not cut it yet.
I did an Eye of Round once that my in-laws had in their freezer. I came across a recipe where you put it in the oven on a high temp for like 7 mins/lb. Then you shut off the oven until the ITT comes to the temp. I think the recipe was designed to have the roast come out medium rare. We sliced it thin and served with a horseradish sauce. It was pretty awesome. Just do a google search for “eye of round 7 minutes per pound” and you’ll find several recipes, but they’re all about the same. Good to have a leave-in thermometer so you don’t overshoot or undershoot your final desired temp.

Last edited:
Slicing Super Thin is the key to tenderness with any cut from the Round. Any of the previous suggestions will give a Tasty result...JJ

Cut it on a 45 degree, With out a doubt the best jerky meat eber !!

View attachment 516029

I made 10# aat the end of September which my sister usually raids for her and her girl friends walk about in the Smokies. She took it ALL, there was three flavors and as usual Woodcutters reecipe was the most popular, but NONE of it came home.... LOL
Trying to find Woodcutter recipe. The only one I see is that pork tenderloin one.

If you've got a good vac-saver put what you don't eat day one into 2-meal size bags then freeze. If done right they should hold good for a year.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky