• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

What to Do In The Fridge Over Night?

duffman

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 15, 2010
I am going to make some pulled pork in a few weeks for some friends and family. I am going to start early so I want to aply my mustard and rub to the butt on Friday night. Can I let it sit on a pan uncovered overnight in the fridge or do i need to wrap in in plastic wrap? Thanks for the help!

pit 4 brains

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Dec 16, 2009
Alot of folks wrap. I put mine in a trusty Tupperware container. I think as long as it's covered and air tight you'll be alright. When do you plan on serving the pork? on Sat? Sun?

werdwolf

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined May 24, 2008
I always cover, but I don't know if it is mandatory.  I just figure less thinks getting onto the meat.

duffman

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 15, 2010
I plan to rub it down around 9 or 10 on Friday night the met it sit in the fridge over night and and put it on around 8 on Saturday Morning.

coffee_junkie

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 17, 2009
I always wrap in suran wrap, I think it my turn the outer layer to leather if you didn't. take the extra step, it won't take that long.

duffman

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 15, 2010
Sounds like Wrap/ cover wins. Thanks for all your help guys!!

john-z

Fire Starter
Joined Jul 28, 2010
Yep, wrap it. I don't want everything in the fridge picking up the smell/taste of the rub. Save that for the meat.

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

I wrap the meat up tightly and with alot of saran wrap. I use alot of brown sugar and salt on my meat abd the meat leaks alot of moisture and I don't want it in my refrig.

richoso1

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 21, 2007
Alot of folks wrap. I put mine in a trusty Tupperware container. I think as long as it's covered and air tight you'll be alright. When do you plan on serving the pork? on Sat? Sun?
What he said works for me too, when I';m out of butcher paper.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks