What the heck is a Discada???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
I seen the perfect Propane Burner for that the other day.I new what the Discada was but what the he** is a Harow? 

Richie

I see paella in the near future. 
drool.gif

I've tripped over many of a discarded disc in my youth, but never heard of cooking on one.

For the record, the plow, disc and harrow are three separate tools. First you plow -- that cuts deep into the earth and turns it over. Then you disk, and that cuts up the plow furrows and evens them somewhat. Them you go over it with a harrow, which has a a bunch Of fingers, like a rake on steroids and that brakes up the clumps left by the disc. Then you are ready to plant

Last edited:
Reactions: Workaholic
I've tripped over many of a discarded disc in my youth, but never heard of cooking on one.

For the record, the plow, disc and harrow are three separate tools. First you plow -- that cuts deep into the earth and turns it over. Then you disk, and that cuts up the plow furrows and evens them somewhat. Them you go over it with a harrow, which has a a bunch Of fingers, like a rake on steroids and that brakes up the clumps left by the disc. Then you are ready to plant
I will never ask anything about a farm again. Wow 

Richie

I can't take credit for this recipe........it's from BBcue-z on another site.

But I can tell you it is a killer meal.........

B~

Made Italian sausage pasta dish today, starting with these few ingredients:
2aam2o4.jpg

Browned some parboiled Italian sausage cut into large chunks
mt5gn5.jpg

Removed the sausage and added the pasta to season it. I don’t care for plain pasta, so I stirred in some butter, parsley, and some parmesan cheese, and a hint of garlic butter
ivvj2d.jpg

98hchh.jpg

Removed the pasta and added some oil and slices of pepperoni to season the cooking oil
juwoz4.jpg

Then added the veggies
2mh6a9t.jpg

Then garlic, dry Italian herbs and some red crushed pepper
10oi4pt.jpg

And diced tomatoes and some wine
x5oaoz.jpg

Added back the sausage and the black olives
okagih.jpg

Then the spinach and let every thing simmer a while
2mh90de.jpg

2ajl3s.jpg

I then added some marinara sauce
m2gdt.jpg

Added back the pasta and let everything simmer a while
6iwmk6.jpg

Topped the pasta with parmesan cheese and fresh parsley and served it with garlic toast.
33agfgw.jpg

Yum
icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for showing this Case!!
icon14.gif

Most of the "Disc Harrows" around here are still behind the Tractor.

Some of the farmers call them "Diskers".

There used to be other guys on this forum using them---Maybe you'll wake them up!!

Bear

Last edited:
Thanks for showing this Case!!Thumbs Up

Most of the "Disc Harrows" around here are still behind the Tractor.

Some of the farmers call them "Diskers".

There used to be other guys on this forum using them---Maybe you'll wake them up!!

Bear

Thanks Bear! Like the Mini forum I asked for this one so those that do Disco can show off the cooks. There are some fantastic ones out there on other sites. Some cool builds too! Mines all seasoned and ready I just need to start using it. I need to modify my propane burner a bit to make it work. I could use it on top of the stove tec stick burner today if I wanted too.

Oh my. My father-in-law would be rolling in his grave with laughter if he could see this. He was an Iowa farmer and a tinkerer.

Talk about your ultimate "re-purpose, re-use"

I think I need one of these for deer camp! I could see some serious scrambled eggs and breakfast potatoes being cooked on this. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky