• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

What the heck is a Discada???

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
I seen the perfect Propane Burner for that the other day.I new what the Discada was but what the he** is a Harow? 

Richie

bkleinsmid

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 11, 2010
Hey Case......

Those can be so much fun. Are you going to add diving boards on the sides?

Brad

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012

Hey Case......

Those can be so much fun. Are you going to add diving boards on the sides?

Brad
No plans at this time. The thing is so thick and big that I think I can use the edges for warming and the middle for cooking.

atomicsmoke

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 3, 2014
This brings nice memories. I cooked many a meals on the disc.

And the disc harow is exactly where we got it.

Can cook your meats and potatoes in the same time

atomicsmoke

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 3, 2014
That's not my cooking...just a google image...don't have digital pics from those times.

floridasteve

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jun 16, 2014
I've tripped over many of a discarded disc in my youth, but never heard of cooking on one.

For the record, the plow, disc and harrow are three separate tools. First you plow -- that cuts deep into the earth and turns it over. Then you disk, and that cuts up the plow furrows and evens them somewhat. Them you go over it with a harrow, which has a a bunch Of fingers, like a rake on steroids and that brakes up the clumps left by the disc. Then you are ready to plant

Last edited:

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
I've tripped over many of a discarded disc in my youth, but never heard of cooking on one.

For the record, the plow, disc and harrow are three separate tools. First you plow -- that cuts deep into the earth and turns it over. Then you disk, and that cuts up the plow furrows and evens them somewhat. Them you go over it with a harrow, which has a a bunch Of fingers, like a rake on steroids and that brakes up the clumps left by the disc. Then you are ready to plant
I will never ask anything about a farm again. Wow 

Richie

bkleinsmid

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 11, 2010
I can't take credit for this recipe........it's from BBcue-z on another site.

But I can tell you it is a killer meal.........

B~

Made Italian sausage pasta dish today, starting with these few ingredients:

Browned some parboiled Italian sausage cut into large chunks

Removed the sausage and added the pasta to season it. I don’t care for plain pasta, so I stirred in some butter, parsley, and some parmesan cheese, and a hint of garlic butter

Removed the pasta and added some oil and slices of pepperoni to season the cooking oil

Then added the veggies

Then garlic, dry Italian herbs and some red crushed pepper

And diced tomatoes and some wine

Added back the sausage and the black olives

Then the spinach and let every thing simmer a while

I then added some marinara sauce

Added back the pasta and let everything simmer a while

Topped the pasta with parmesan cheese and fresh parsley and served it with garlic toast.

Yum

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Thanks for showing this Case!!

Most of the "Disc Harrows" around here are still behind the Tractor.

Some of the farmers call them "Diskers".

There used to be other guys on this forum using them---Maybe you'll wake them up!!

Bear

Last edited:

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Thanks for showing this Case!!Thumbs Up

Most of the "Disc Harrows" around here are still behind the Tractor.

Some of the farmers call them "Diskers".

There used to be other guys on this forum using them---Maybe you'll wake them up!!

Bear
Thanks Bear! Like the Mini forum I asked for this one so those that do Disco can show off the cooks. There are some fantastic ones out there on other sites. Some cool builds too! Mines all seasoned and ready I just need to start using it. I need to modify my propane burner a bit to make it work. I could use it on top of the stove tec stick burner today if I wanted too.

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
All my discs I take off are broken.

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
Bet my turkey burner would work for this.

muralboy

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 17, 2015
Oh my. My father-in-law would be rolling in his grave with laughter if he could see this. He was an Iowa farmer and a tinkerer.

Talk about your ultimate "re-purpose, re-use"

bmaddox

Master of the Pit
Joined Jan 5, 2015
I think I need one of these for deer camp! I could see some serious scrambled eggs and breakfast potatoes being cooked on this. 

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.