What should I do with my Brinkmann Smoke n Grill (EBC) once I buy a WSM?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

What should I do with my Brinkmann Smoke n Grill (EBC) once I buy my WSM

• Sell it at a garage sale for $20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep it as is as a backup

• Buy a Smokey Joe and mod it to a smaller WSM

• Something else

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hawtsauc3

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 27, 2016
So I've decided to buy a WSM 18.5" (it's just the gf and I and the occasional friend gathering). However I first tested smokers with an EBC because $40 ($35 smoker and $5 thermometer) was cheaper than $300. That said I didn't use it at all last year because I hate babysitting that thing ever 20 min to keep temps up. That said I'm not sure what to do with it once I buy the new one, so help me decide!

i will tell you what i did when i was in this situation. pay it forward. find a friend or a good kid (teen) and show him how to use the smoker and give it to them. Let them learn the hobby you love so much. I knew a family who loved my food in my church and i taught their teenage son how to smoke food and gave him my old smoker. i may just be weird but helping someone else was a lot better reward than $20.

Happy Smoking,

phatbac (Aaron)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky