Should I upgrade to a WSM and ditch my vertical offset Brinkmann?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm a little late to the party, but sprung for a WSM 22.5 about a year ago. It's by far the best smoker I've owned. You think you were obsessed before - wait till you dial in your WSM!

A few tips - if you don't already have a Maverick wireless dual probe thermometer, get one. Between the consistency of the WSM in holding temperature and the back up of the maverick alarm, you can walk away or get a few hours sleep and not have to worry.

Secondly, I'd recommend trying out different charcoal to see what fits your taste. A lot of people like KBB, I prefer kingsford professional/competition - I can get two bags for $15 at Costco when they run specials.

Anyway, great investment and enjoy!

I too, like others here have a 22.5 WSM and I love it. I know exactly how to cook on it and typically cook briskets overnight on it for about 20 hours or so. I would recommend it to anyone. I have used and owned other smokers and didn't like the results as well. To each his own.

My little 14.5" WSM has put out some great food in its time.Its just the two of us so zero complaints with the smaller smoker.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky