What propane burner to use??

Discussion in 'Fridge/Freezer Builds' started by slee44708, Jan 19, 2011.

1. slee44708

slee44708 Newbie

Ok so I just got an old GE Fridge all enamel coated insides I want to use propane but I am having trouble determining a good set up as far as btu's and control options. I am wanting too make this set up look as good as possible. The fridge is 22 cu. ft. of cooking space I was thinking 12,000 btu. but I am not sure. Also I am going to build this so that all the smoke will go to the top first and vent out the lower half of the cooking area. I will post a sketch of what my intentions are with this fridge.

Thanks,

for everyone's help

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  2. rw willy

rw willy Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

no idea!

Sounds exciting,.  You may nedd a small fan to move the smoke that far down.  Don't let your smoke go stale.  You will need a draft/draw to your exhaust.  If the smoke goes up then down, that can stall the exhaust and cause nasty build up.

Keep posting, I'm interested.

3. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

4. pops6927

pops6927 Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I use this in my smokehouse; it's great as you can fire up one, two, or all three burners plus by adding a needle valve you can get infinite control, see my post below!

5. slee44708

slee44708 Newbie

Thanks for your help guys that is the burner I was leaning towards, after reading those previous posts that is the way to go!

6. hdflame

hdflame Meat Mopper

Don't know if you've finished your smoker or not but I went HERE  for my burner.  I also bought a chimney from him too.  I didn't have my welder at the time, so it was easier.  Don't remember his name but he was good to deal with.

Bobby