What propane burner to use??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

slee44708

Original poster
Jan 19, 2011
Ok so I just got an old GE Fridge all enamel coated insides I want to use propane but I am having trouble determining a good set up as far as btu's and control options. I am wanting too make this set up look as good as possible. The fridge is 22 cu. ft. of cooking space I was thinking 12,000 btu. but I am not sure. Also I am going to build this so that all the smoke will go to the top first and vent out the lower half of the cooking area. I will post a sketch of what my intentions are with this fridge.

Thanks,

for everyone's help

82ede79e_smoker.jpg

Last edited:
no idea!

Sounds exciting,.  You may nedd a small fan to move the smoke that far down.  Don't let your smoke go stale.  You will need a draft/draw to your exhaust.  If the smoke goes up then down, that can stall the exhaust and cause nasty build up.

Keep posting, I'm interested.

Thanks for your help guys that is the burner I was leaning towards, after reading those previous posts that is the way to go!

Thanks for your help guys that is the burner I was leaning towards, after reading those previous posts that is the way to go!

Don't know if you've finished your smoker or not but I went HERE  for my burner.  I also bought a chimney from him too.  I didn't have my welder at the time, so it was easier.  Don't remember his name but he was good to deal with.

Bobby

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky