What is up with the MBS 40? Getting hard to find.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bilder

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 29, 2010
Myrtle Point, OR
Been wanting to buy the MES 40, but I cannot find them locally.  Seems no one carries that model or they have been sold out for months.  I could buy online, but the few places that have it in stock will kill me with the shipping charges.

I can find the Original Bradley at a couple places as well as the MES 30, but the 40 is the one I really want to get.

Anyone else having this problem?  Or is it just a local thing?

Last edited:
They've been getting thin since the middle of summer.  I have read about a few people still finding them at Sams.  I bought a used one for $100 and have seen a couple for around $200.

I was going to tell you to try CraigsList until I saw you're in AK..

Might be between models. Seems about that time of the year.

I want one too----I'll wait another month or so.

I'm tired of not being able to get 10 pounds of beef sticks in, and cutting rib racks in half !!!!!

Wahhhhhhhh-
icon_cry.gif
-I want an MES 40 !!!!! 
PDT_Armataz_01_19.gif

Sams doe not even have it listed anymore.  It was there, but out of stock on their site just last week.

I had to look back and see when I got my MES 30".  I was thinking it was around March but it was actually January.  I got my 30" at Home Depot and right after I got it people started seeing the 40" at Sams.  It was a month or so before they were everywhere.

So historically I would say it could be January or February before we see a new model.

I had to look back and see when I got my MES 30".  I was thinking it was around March but it was actually January.  I got my 30" at Home Depot and right after I got it people started seeing the 40" at Sams.  It was a month or so before they were everywhere.

So historically I would say it could be January or February before we see a new model.
I'm guessing Late October or November.

Hoping too!
Bear

I bought mine about 6 weeks ago at the Cabela's store here in Omaha, 40" stainless, glass door and 1200 watt model. Kind of expensive though, $399.00 plus $50.00 for a two year extended warranty (in case of wiring problems).

When I bought mine in August, they only had 2 left at the Sam's by me.  I was told they were a seasonal item, and they were clearing them out at $242.00.  Hopefully they will restock again in spring.  But it seems all the good products there get discontinued after a while for some reason. 

Sams works on volume sales .If they are selling alot of an item they will usually pick it up again the following year. if sales are slow it's not brought back.

I just picked up one of these at my local Sam's today in Charlotte, NC.  I have been checking them for a few weeks and they got 8 in today.

I will be setting it up later this week and look forward to chatting with you guys about it and trying it out.

Although members here don't see it this way Retailers do, BBQ and Grilling items are considered summer merchandise.  

You will be lucky to find one at Sam's or the like until they start getting in their summer stock after the Christmas Sales Season and probably not until after the 1st of the year as they do not like paying taxes on inventory on hand January 1st.   Most states require them to report what is on hand Jan. 1st for taxes...

I just picked up one of these at my local Sam's today in Charlotte, NC.  I have been checking them for a few weeks and they got 8 in today.

I will be setting it up later this week and look forward to chatting with you guys about it and trying it out.
how much $??

If it is available ( You may have to ask) get the 3 year extended warrenty from sams. The cost was $39. don't know if it will be the same this season.

Boy did I call that one in Post #3 and Post #6 on this very thread!

Now all I have to do is get one of my area Sam's to get some in. 

Bear

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky