What is up with the MBS 40? Getting hard to find.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sams Club in O'Fallon, IL also just got 8 in.  The price was 298 and some change.  This appears to have a couple new features - a remote control and wheels on the back fro moving the unit.

We need some pics of the new model if this is true. Today I saw the 30'' at At-woods for 169.00 on sale. They had around 10 in stock.

None of the Sams in my area seem to have any yet.

Cabela's is showing them, but they want $399.

I'd hate to pay $399, and then they come in to a Sams Club around here for $298.

I feel like a little kid wanting a special bike, and none of the stores in my area have it!

New stuff---Wheels, tilt to roll handle, and remote "control".

Here are the pics from the Cabela's site:

02e38918_s7_550174_999_alt02_01.jpg

3cad57c5_s7_550174_999_alt01_01.jpg

Bear

BTW: On Edit---Notice the access door into the element wiring on the bottom back.

Last edited:
None of the Sams in my area seem to have any yet.

Cabela's is showing them, but they want $399.

I'd hate to pay $399, and then they come in to a Sams Club around here for $298.

I feel like a little kid wanting a special bike, and none of the stores in my area have it!

New stuff---Wheels, tilt to roll handle, and remote "control".

Here are the pics from the Cabela's site:

Bear

BTW: On Edit---Notice the access
Thanks for the pics looks like there is a new modle coming out. I saw on the cabelas web site that they where back ordered.

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics looks like there is a new modle coming out. I saw on the cabelas web site that they where back ordered.
Yeah, their web site says "Backorderable" but my son was at ours (Hamburg, PA) last night to get some hunting stuff, and they actually had them there.

The ones they have are completely Stainless Steel "Inside & Out" (don't know if Sam's are).

Cabela's wants $399---PLUS---$59 for a 2 year warranty---Plus Tax.

Compared to Sam's $298---PLUS---$39 for a 3 year warranty---Plus Tax.

That's about $135 difference plus an extra year warranty!

Of course that's if I can find one at a Sam's club, and if it is also ALL SS.

I'm gonna keep trying before I break down & buy one at Cabela's.

Right now I only have a discount coupon for $30 off.

Bear

Kansas City is the closest cabelas to me so i would have to make a road trip and see the new one but. I would be interested to see what the remote control features are and what the range is. 

Kansas City is the closest cabelas to me so i would have to make a road trip and see the new one but. I would be interested to see what the remote control features are and what the range is. 
You can see the remote features in the pic I posted above. It looks to be everything we can do directly on the control we have now, can be done from the remote.

They say it's good for 100 feet.

Finally found a thread I can post this in! I have decided to make two new purchases by the end of the year. First will be the 40" MES stainless with the glass door. I am also trying to find the best location to purchase. I don't mind paying the $429 price, but don't want it all dinged up when I get it. My second purchase (keeping fingers crossed) is the 48 Lang Patio. Wha???? I'm obsessed. What can I say. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Hey Guys,

I was out of town and have not even opened the new smoker.  Just got back tonight.  I will open it up tomorrow and get some pics posted for you guys.  I do not see any watrage listing on the box, but it should be listed inside somewhere.  If you guys have questions, post them here and I will answer tomorrow as I unpack it and set it up. 

CxThree

Finally found a thread I can post this in! I have decided to make two new purchases by the end of the year. First will be the 40" MES stainless with the glass door. I am also trying to find the best location to purchase. I don't mind paying the $429 price, but don't want it all dinged up when I get it. My second purchase (keeping fingers crossed) is the 48 Lang Patio. Wha???? I'm obsessed. What can I say. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
If you are going with the 40" Sam's is your best bet get the extended warranty. My self and many others on this site purchased ours from Sam's. They are usually a seasonal item and can be hard to find at 

Sam's. Something to keep in mind. 

If you are going with the 40" Sam's is your best bet get the extended warranty. My self and many others on this site purchased ours from Sam's. They are usually a seasonal item and can be hard to find at 

Sam's. Something to keep in mind. 
I'm a little confused now.

Cabela's is more expensive---$399---But the one they have in Hamburg is all SS, inside and out.

The Sam's Club one is not in my area yet, so I don't know what one it is, but I don't think it is ALL SS---AT--$299

I'm anxious to hear from CxThree.

Bear 

cant go wrong with the Lang...I just bought mine used (2 years old) this past spring and love it....was worth the 6 hour drive each way to go pick it up.  I'm in the market for the 40" MES now too for smoking sausage.  Bass Pro has them in stock, but I think the asking price of $429 is too high.  Sams Club by my house is out of stock.  I'm going to have to change my name to Jones if you keep this up....

I'm a little confused now.

Cabela's is more expensive---$399---But the one they have in Hamburg is all SS, inside and out.

The Sam's Club one is not in my area yet, so I don't know what one it is, but I don't think it is ALL SS---AT--$299

I'm anxious to hear from CxThree.

Bear 
OK Bear

I called Cabela's and I called Masterbuilt. The word from Cabela's is they both 30'' and 40'' have the wheels,handle, remote, door with window, new control panel. The 40'' is all stainless steel like the one you where talking about. The 30'' has a Stainless steal door and the body of the smoker is black. I have the new model numbers also look below. I talked to a customer support representative at masterbuilt she was unable to give me any model numbers. I think I shook her up because she said that Masterbuilt did not make a smoker with a remote control. I had her look it up on Cabela's web site to verify they did. She also stated that these smokers are only sold at Cabela's. Don't worry I verified that they are being sold at other locations on the web.   I need someone to verify (picture would be nice) the model numbers. By the way these are old previously used Masterbuilt electric smokehouse model numbers also know as the ESQ30WRF and ESQ40WRF. Masterbuilt is just reusing them as best as I can tell.

20070411  30'' Stainless steal door/with window, wheels/handle, remote control, ? watt heating element, ? woodchip tray, with heating element access door  

20070311  40'' Stainless steel door/with window, all stainless steel body, wheels/handle, remote control, ? watt heating element, ? woodchip tray, with heating element access door

So for the extra 100.00 you get a all stainless body and a larger SQ smoking area and more than likely a larger heating element.

Last edited:
OK Bear

I called Cabela's and I called Masterbuilt. The word from Cabela's is they both 30'' and 40'' have the wheels,handle, remote, door with window, new control panel. The 40'' is all stainless steel like the one you where talking about. The 30'' has a Stainless steal door and the body of the smoker is black. I have the new model numbers also look below. I talked to a customer support representative at masterbuilt she was unable to give me any model numbers. I think I shook her up because she said that Masterbuilt did not make a smoker with a remote control. I had her look it up on Cabela's web site to verify they did. She also stated that these smokers are only sold at Cabela's. Don't worry I verified that they are being sold at other locations on the web.   I need someone to verify (picture would be nice) the model numbers. By the way these are old previously Masterbuilt electric smokehouse model numbers also know as the ESQ30WRF and         ESQ40WRF. Masterbuilt is just reusing them as best as I can tell.

20070411  30'' Stainless steal door/with window, wheels/handle, remote control, ? watt heating element, ? woodchip tray, with heating element access door  

20070311  40'' Stainless steel door/with window, all stainless steel body, wheels/handle, remote control, ? watt heating element, ? woodchip tray, with heating element access door

So for the extra 100.00 you get a all stainless body and a larger SQ smoking area and more than likely a larger heating element.
Thanks Texacajun,

I called Masterbuilt too (hour ago), and the lady gave me two model numbers:

20070211---Only sold to Sam's Club [color= rgb(24, 24, 24)]40'' Stainless steel door/with window, all stainless steel body, wheels/handle, remote control, 1200 watt heating element, ? woodchip tray, with heating element access door.[/color]

20070311---Sold to everyone but Sam's-[color= rgb(24, 24, 24)]40'' Stainless steel door/with window, all stainless steel body, wheels/handle, remote control, 1200 watt heating element, ? woodchip tray, with heating element access door.[/color]

Exactly the same, except the model number.

Then I called Sam's Club main office number to see where the closest club is that has one.

The only one that comes up on their computer is last years model.

(I had previously called about 15 Sam's Clubs, all within 70 miles of here, and none of them knew anything about them.)

I'm tired of screwing around. I'm going to Cabela's tomorrow. Sam's is cheaper, but none around here have them & their main office doesn't even know about them. I don't want to wait until Spring!

That plus I have been told that Wally gets deals with China for so many of this or that at a special price, and they might not be made as good as the others. They say that's why the different model number--just for Sam's.

Whether that's true or not, it could be.

Will be going to Cabela's tomorrow. I have a $30 off coupon, so it won't be as bad.

Thanks,

Bear

Bear a

Great news. I hope it works out for you. By the way can you can post some pictures of your new smoker when you get it. I would love to find out about the model number thing for sure. I cant wait to see if the remote is all what it is cracked up to be. I hope they are using the larger chip tray with all the newer models also. We will see?

Just getting online guys.  Sorry.  I was installing new countertops at the house today and can confirm that Granite is HEAVY!!!!!!!!!!

OK.  I opened the smoker and grabbed the manual.  What do you want to know?  It's 1200 watt for sure.  I saw that on the back of it.  It's  really nice lookiing smoker too.  Rmeote control, wheels, nice large window on the front door.  What else do you want to know about it?

CxThree

Just getting online guys.  Sorry.  I was installing new countertops at the house today and can confirm that Granite is HEAVY!!!!!!!!!!

OK.  I opened the smoker and grabbed the manual.  What do you want to know?  It's 1200 watt for sure.  I saw that on the back of it.  It's  really nice lookiing smoker too.  Rmeote control, wheels, nice large window on the front door.  What else do you want to know about it?

CxThree

Thanks for the model number confirmation.

Is the woodchip tray small are large?

Are the sides and the top stainless steel are black?

I would be interested in finding out the range of the remote? The manufacture states it 100 Feet.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky