What is everyone smoking this weekend?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
thats another that cracks me up
tongue.gif

i thought i would add to this as well...

i am smoking nothing
icon_sad.gif
..lol

i just got home from work 1:30am

have to be back back at work at 10am work until 12am, repeat sunday, then back to work monday 10am until about 10pm

i will have to live through all of my fellow SMF brothers/sisters

enjoy your weekend peeps

Trust me friends..that was also the 60's and the 70's! I know, I was there....I think

Cheers!

I not smoking this weekend after the Gane today we're headed north. Not sure where yet. We hope to hit Vermont, New Hamshire and Manine.

Monty what's a good place to see in Vermont. We like historical and scientific stuff. Also Light houses. I've never been to Vermont, only the navybase in Maine/New Hamphire and only the White Mountains in New Hamshire.

The hard part is Jessie can't walk to far at a time without sitting a bit so hiking and climbing are out.

I think you've got enough for 60! Hope no one starves themselves like I do before a feed! We're giving our 48" her first run for a Memorial BBQ with 10 racks, a 10# butt, some sausage rolls, etc. May throw a brisket and some chicken in the 36". We're feedin 60 but it's a pot luck so we're just gonna tease em with a small slice of heaven!

Debi,

Check out http://www.vermont.gov

Vermont has a really nice and all inclusive travel guide which will do much better than I can.

I live in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont and its beauty never fails to impress me. If you should travel up Rt 114 north of Lyndonville (The covered Bridge Capitol of the NEK) or East on Rt 2 from St. Johnsbury toward Maine and New Hampshire please use caution. This is one of the times of year when the moose are moving and really stupid.

The road I live on, Rt 114 is known locally as Moose Alley. They use my driveway on a daily basis to go from the hills to the swamps. Just yesterday at 5:30 PM a moose and a Ford Explorer had a tangle. Moose is dead, Explorer totaled and driver slightly injured.

And this happens many times especially during this time frame.

Otherwise get into that travel guide and then just pop me a note and let me know what tickled you there!

Cheers!

I heard that! Back then you had to "twist one up"
PDT_Armataz_01_25.gif

I'm brining thick cut boneless porkchops, doing beer butt chicken, and country style ribs. Smoking all tomorrow. Mike's beans, tater salad, "something cool to drink". Pics at 11. Oh yeah, bought a new smoker. Gonna season it today. Not retiring the old ECB though, it just keeps on smokin'!
PDT_Armataz_01_41.gif

Smokin' some pork ribs and brisquit on my home made smoker. Started at 6:am and hope to be ready this afternoon. Slow cooked at 200 degrees and hickory wood for flavor.

2-3 hours of smoke and the rest on propane heat to finish cooking. After the smoking, put on a pot of water inside the smoker to keep the meats moist and juicy.

Home made BBQ sauce with beans and potato salad, maybe a little bread.

Mmm-m.

Steven Eddy's Texas style BBQ weekend. Ya'll come!

Gonna do a rack of spare ribs, maybe St Louis style, no foil. Will be interesting since its raining (and supposed to rain all day). Only problem will be is where to find a dry place to start the chimney.

"So, are ya' gonna tell us what it is?"

Yep, it's coming. Got to put it together ("some assembly required, simple hand tools"). Then I will pose it for photos and post them.
It gives me more capacity.
PDT_Armataz_01_18.gif

Having a BBQ on Monday.

Gonna smoke a couple butts tomorrow (Sunday) while I'm at work for 24 hours.
butt07el7.jpg

When I come home Monday morning, I'll smoke some ribs (not sure how much or which kind),
firstribs01cm6.jpg

a half-dozen chickens,
chicken04070704vb0.jpg

and a load of ABTs.
abts02cc2.jpg

My Aunt wanted to make the baked beans - so no Wicked Beans this weekend.

Up to now, it's all been practice. This is what I have been preparing for!!!

Everyone enjoy this Memorial Day weekend and stay safe!

got a pig roast to go to sunday monday got work $$$$$$$$$, today i think i'm just gonna do a few fatties plus i have a pile of jerky tht needs done so after the fatties and the temps die down a little i'll load it with jerky

My friend's going to Vermont to work as a general live-in, fill-in guy Friday, I guess you'd call it. If something breaks, he fixes it. If they need front desk, a bartender, a waiter, snowblower, whatever, he does it while the owners are touring China for the next 6 months (I think). The Inn at Saxtons River. Beautiful 16 room guesthouse.
Anyway, his GF's birthday is today so I'm doing some smokin' for them, beans, meatloaf and fatties. Good sendoff.

I'm gonna be doing a 12.5 lb brisket and 3 racks of pork ribs. Already got them rubbed down and chillin ... can't wait for that brisket to be done. Hope to be able to start the brisket tonight after work.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky