What happened to the prices?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My father in law does grass fed beef and called this price jump a year ago, claiming that beef would sky rocket in 2014. He follows all of the commodities. Luckily I bought a qtr of a cow before the prices continue to rise.

I like Foamheart's idea about turkey,  but "she who must be obeyed" has declared that pulled pork is HER idea of what to take to the gathering.  Guess who will get their way this weekend?

A little meat market in my neighborhood had some $.99/lb. pork shoulder, but my neighbor apparently snagged some of the last ones.  When I went in, they had some $1.99/lb shoulder available.  

I saw turick's article yesterday, so yep pork will climb too.

Have a great 4th of July and good luck.

Thought I'd try the Fattie Cordon Bleu recipe posted here by another member, so I went to the store looking for ground chicken. It was $5 lb!! They had boneless, skinless chicken breasts right next to it for $2.99 lb. 
huh.gif
wtf1.gif
  Guess which one I bought?

I don't have a grinder attachment to my Kitchenaide, but I think a few pulses in the food processor should do the trick.

Last edited:
They need to contact me I have over 50 roosters that would have no problems giving them chicks.The chicks mite be a little mean and very tough to eat but they will throw off spring.

Dan

They need to contact me I have over 50 roosters that would have no problems giving them chicks.The chicks mite be a little mean and very tough to eat but they will throw off spring.

Dan
They'd need to be, we got some nasty mean hens! "You think you going to do what to me?" "You better strut your rooster tail feathers on down offa my roost!"

They'd need to be, we got some nasty mean hens! "You think you going to do what to me?" "You better strut your rooster tail feathers on down offa my roost!"
Foam 

I only have 10 hens and over 50 roosters.My boys dont get much loving I doubt they would care how mean them hens are hahahahahahahahaha

Dan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky