What Beer Did You Drink in High School?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
interesting and memory jolting. In CO we could still get 3.2% at 18 years old. OR the liquor store where the guy never checked ID's. Dude was a sports fanatic - I would just walk in and ask "whos winning" or "hows he game" and that was about all it took. Granted I had a full beard in HS.

for the 3.2; Coors light, Michelob, kittle kings, Stroh's, moose head. ok, almost anything and everything...
A little bar in the middle of the desert travelers and off road enthusiasts alike frequent. Girls walk in with no ID and the owners asks them: "Are you 21?"
If they answer "yes" then they get served, if they start telling a tale then they are refused.
4ab7cabbe5d2297a9b396a8a8b5510bd_640x640.jpg

In 1969 I was paying $2.40 for Black Label, and Falstaff, and $3.00 a case for Bud.

Bear

1969 we paid $7.20 for a case of Bud, that is a rusty case of Bud, at the R&R Ft Derussy PX on Waikiki.
Cigs were 13 cents a pack, $1.20 a carton.

• Wow
Reactions: crazymoon
Started getting served at 15, the Beard helped.😊 We drank cheap, Bud or Miller High Life Quarts. $.89 in '77 and '78. '79 and '80 switched to assorted 6 packs, PBR, MGD, Genny Cream Ale, whatever was on sale or Boone's Farm Wild Mountain Grape...JJ

Reactions: Dive Bar Casanova
Like most, we drank whatever we could get but was usually budweiser if we could afford it, Busch, keystone light or rolling rock most of the time though.
We found it was cheaper and more effective to pair a case of beer with a bottle of Castillo Silver rum, though. We knocked down a ton of that nasty stuff back in the day.
I'm younger than alot here, but a few years back, I continued the rolling rock tradition cause I could get it at $15 for a 30 rack. That's the best deal I can remember specifically.

well mad dog was $1.50 a bottle got two kids falling in the fish house holes. and the beer was that 12 pack that had the tin foil interior to keep it cold
For beer it was usually Stroh's along with a fair amount of Boones Farm. Oh, and the Mad Dog 20/20....worst hangover of my life EVER!

NCO Club on Oahu in 1970 had 10 ounce throw-away bottles of Beer for 35 cents. Same10 ounce bottles were $3.50 in Waikiki.
Wife's MaiTai was $5.

Bear
Those prices are why they didn’t want GI’s handing out or reselling PX bought beers to tourists on the beach.
United had a $85 RT with cheap rooms so lots of broke students befriended us.

I'm waiting for the " what did you drink in grade school " thread .

Since you asked.😊 1972, 10 years old in 5th Grade. Grandparents lived in Eynon, PA, about 30 minutes north east of Wilksbarre, PA, where they Brewed...

26_346-1_Stegmaier-Gold-Medal-Beer-in-Steinies-TOC-Sign_med.jpeg

Grandpa kept well stocked. First beer I ever drank, without permission...JJ😩

Dad used to let me sip his very occasional (holiday) Guinness Draughts but usually Extra Stouts, Uncle's Sierra Nevada (SNPA)
12-13 my first full finished beer i snagged after a party and somehow drank was a SNPA (Needless to say, about 10yrs after this I was buying SN Celebration by the case)
13-15 Busch, Bud, Coors Light, Natty Light, some Keith Stone.. Whatever
15-17- a whole lot of $1.63 Schlitz Bull Ice's and cheap dirty 30's. The occasional $1 Camo can (Range from 8.5-12.2%) Tecate when available. SNPA, Blue Moon.
bullice.jpg

Senior year I got into homebrewing and real beer, and after so many Bull Ice's already could easily win a case race of something like Natty/Busch Light.

Almost 6mo. dry right now, somehow. I honestly believe that real beer is pretty damn healthy. Had I not gone back to Steel Reserve/Camos, shine, and plastic chugs of bootleg Country Club, I wouldn't have developed stage 3 cirrhosis.. at 29..

I'll have a Busch NA, hop seltzers, and wanna try Lagunitas new IP(N)A. Will probably get back into brewing real table beers at some point (<2.1%). Still got a long time left.

Lived back east and drinking age was 18 at the time. Football mass and a fake ID meant no problems buying beer or wine as a 16-17 year-old. Bud, Schlitz, PBR, and Boone's Farm usually filled the coolers at party time.

One night a buddy and I split an 8-pak of Colt 45 ponies. Our big mistake was stopping at a Burger King as the night ended. Nothing pretty happened afterwards.

we use to drink a third of the beer and then fill with boones farm apple or strawberry and we called it a SNEAKY PETE.. went thru so many kegs in such a short time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky