What Beer Did You Drink in High School?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Graduated 1969. Hudepohl! Brewed in Cincinnati along with Burger and Schoenling. Weideman was thought to be from Cincy but was actually brewed across the river in KY. Today I drink PBR.

Reactions: Dive Bar Casanova
Had the cans labeled water before too

Yes sir. They actually had an entire line of generic stuff at the Safeway around the corner from where I lived. Moved out of the house when I was 15, made a little $$ dabbling in the sale of stuff that I was lucky to not get caught doing, and didn't have anything in the way of cash being that I was determined to finish school. Used those products a LOT and it was kinda fun at times. You never knew what you were gonna get. Was a crap shoot with each purchase. Water, mac & cheese, bread, bacon, coffee, and the list goes on. Haven't seen it in years though but sure was a staple back in the day.

Robert

First alcoholic beverage I ever tasted was Schlitz Malt Liquor Bull, but I'd rather not think about that. What I/we drank regularly was Old Milwaukee out of my best friend's dad's garage refrigerator and then PBR that his older brother would buy us...

My best friend's stepmom drank Coors light, so I guess we did too.

Nowadays, its craft lagers and pilsners in the summer and barrel aged stouts in the winter. But Budweiser is a year round staple if its going to turn into an all day affair.

Reactions: bauchjw
interesting and memory jolting. In CO we could still get 3.2% at 18 years old. OR the liquor store where the guy never checked ID's. Dude was a sports fanatic - I would just walk in and ask "whos winning" or "hows he game" and that was about all it took. Granted I had a full beard in HS.

for the 3.2; Coors light, Michelob, kittle kings, Stroh's, moose head. ok, almost anything and everything...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky