Western PA New Guy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BeanMann

Original poster
Jan 30, 2019
Hello all

I've used this site a few times to get answers and I finally decided to sign up. It seems like a great community!

I'm just outside Pittsburgh and it's currently freezing here, so I haven't done much smoking. When the weather is bearable, I have barrel type smoker that I use for indirect heat smoking and as a grill. I also use a off-brand Weber kettle (I call it a Feber, or bobo Weber) grill. I found it for $15 at the Goodwill store. It was still in the unopened original box with plastic seals and everything. It was a great find, and I use it to perfect my snake method of smoking. I recently tried my hand at cold smoking, and my wife wants me to try cold-smoking cheese for the game on Sunday.

I hope to contribute to the fun here. Thanks!

Reactions: wbf610
Welcome to SMF from Minnesota. You are a little late to smoke cheese for SB weekend as it needs to age wrapped in the fridge for at least two weeks before the flavor will be good. Fresh smoked cheese can be pretty awful.

Reactions: wbf610 and SonnyE
Welcome glad to have you on board lot of great guys and gals on here with tons of info just for the asking.

Check the events listing there is a Pa gathering in September glad to have join us for this.

Warren

Hi BeanMann,
Welcome to
small-logo.png

One of my Daughters, in Washington State, does a lot of hunting gathering at her Goodwill Stores. She has some amazing finds.

welcome to the forum, very nice group of people here with a lot of information. Stop by the chatroom when you get time to kill, usually several of your statesmen in there chewing the fat

Welcome to SMF from Minnesota. You are a little late to smoke cheese for SB weekend as it needs to age wrapped in the fridge for at least two weeks before the flavor will be good. Fresh smoked cheese can be pretty awful.
I knew it needed to rest, i didn't realize it was that long. Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll just do ribs instead!

welcome to the forum from eastern pa, lot's of great people here with ton's of knowledge and very willing to help you out.

Welcome to the site, happy to have ya join up. Smoking cheese and eating it that day can be done if you use dust and go for a lite smoke flavor.

Chris

Hello all

I've used this site a few times to get answers and I finally decided to sign up. It seems like a great community!

I'm just outside Pittsburgh and it's currently freezing here, so I haven't done much smoking. When the weather is bearable, I have barrel type smoker that I use for indirect heat smoking and as a grill. I also use a off-brand Weber kettle (I call it a Feber, or bobo Weber) grill. I found it for $15 at the Goodwill store. It was still in the unopened original box with plastic seals and everything. It was a great find, and I use it to perfect my snake method of smoking. I recently tried my hand at cold smoking, and my wife wants me to try cold-smoking cheese for the game on Sunday.

I hope to contribute to the fun here. Thanks!
Welcome to the site. What part are you from, I grew up in Greensburg.

welcome to the forum from eastern pa, lot's of great people here with ton's of knowledge and very willing to help you out.
I’m in Allentown!! Where are you?

Welcome from central pa. We have alot of members in pa.

-10 yesterday warmed to about 8 in the afternoon, got to about 17 today, that actually felt pretty warm. weekend looking pretty good, might actually get out and smoke something
We reached a balmy 22 degrees today. Looking like it's going to be high 30's to low 40's this weekend. Think I'm going to do some appetizers on Sunday.

Welcome to the site. What part are you from, I grew up in Greensburg.

I’m in Allentown!! Where are you?
I’m about 20 minutes north of Pittsburgh and south of Butler.

The weather is warming up nicely. My son voted for pulled pork for tha game, so we bought a Boston butt for Sunday.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky