Welcome home cook.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jetsknicks1

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
Ocala, Fl.
Hey all, been a while since I’ve stopped by. Our son has been working overseas and now that he’s safely back for the birth of his first, we are welcoming him home. Pulled pork, ribs & turkey breasts goin down.
498E5790-0A69-47F1-AE08-2C08F66B0AF2.jpeg
5AAA792B-8A29-48CB-9E19-58D2BDE4439F.jpeg
1BF3A76D-80E1-4DBD-8843-CC3979C2F135.jpeg
DC7EE070-17E4-4953-B3B9-5F586F989A58.jpeg

Congratulations to the new addition too your family and getting your boy home safely.
Doesn't all of that brown sugar get bitter tasting after it turns dark brown? I've always been afraid to try such a sugar heavy rub. It looks great in the picture is it close to being done? If so the sugar heavy rub turned out a lot better than I expected. I figured it would turn out black......LOL.

Shows how much I think I know, this is exactly why I love this forum, you get to see how other prepare their meat before smoking and how it turns out.:emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:

Congratulations to the new addition too your family and getting your boy home safely.
Doesn't all of that brown sugar get bitter tasting after it turns dark brown? I've always been afraid to try such a sugar heavy rub. It looks great in the picture is it close to being done? If so the sugar heavy rub turned out a lot better than I expected. I figured it would turn out black......LOL.

Shows how much I think I know, this is exactly why I love this forum, you get to see how other prepare their meat before smoking and how it turns out.:emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:
I think sugar has to get really hot to burn or even caramelize. I use a lot of brown sugar in my rub and haven't had any issues.

Reactions: forktender
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky