• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Weekend CSR's w pics

SmokinVOLfan

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 27, 2018
Ran across a deal on some CSR's last weekend that I just couldn't turn down. Haven't cooked these in quite a while so kind of just threw this together on a whim.

Here they are in their glory. Around 13ish pounds for under $15. Not bad.
CSR1.jpg

Seasoned these up with what I had on hand real quick which was Tony's no salt rub. Very tasty I would highly recommend trying it. A few of these things were massive!
CSR2.jpg

Beautiful day for smoking. Threw these in the gasser. If you look real close you can see the TBS. Ran these 250 with hickory.
CSR3.jpg

Flipped over once they hit around 130 or so
CSR4.jpg

Once they hit 165 I panned them with some apple juice, butter, and brushed on some BBQ sauce.
CSR5.jpg

Smoked a pan of Gary's beans for about 3 hours while I had the CSR's going.
CSR6.jpg

After the pan wrap. Pulled about 195.
CSR7.jpg

Loaded my plate up with one huge rib, the beans, and some pasta salad I had made.
CSR8.jpg

Even got a little smoke ring going on.
CSR9.jpg

Very tender and delicious. It was all I could do to finish what was on my plate. Tasty and for that price I am extremely happy how they came out. Everyone told me they enjoyed them so might have to buy them more often from now on. Thanks for checking it out. Stay safe out there.

John

tag0401

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Apr 5, 2018
These look great. I need to start looking for these when grocery shopping.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Holy cow John!
Those look really good!
I have never seen Tony C’s no salt rub, could you post a photo of the bottle.
I wish he would make a no salt injection!
Al

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 18, 2017
Heck yeah! Those look great!

TNJAKE

Smoking Guru
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 26, 2019
Looks delicious john. Love me some csr's. I do mine pretty much the same. Nice work bud

Steve H

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
You're lucky you are a few states over John, or you would have had an unexpected dinner guest! Like!

Steve H

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Holy cow John!
Those look really good!
Al
maxresdefault (1).jpg

I think this is what John is talking about. I found it once at Walmart. Haven't seen it since, this is what it looked like.

xray

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 11, 2015
Those CSRs look awesome John! We never see them cut like that here. They look pretty appetizing.

Well nothing is stopping me from cutting my own, how long did they take ?

SmokinVOLfan

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 27, 2018
View attachment 469519

I think this is what John is talking about. I found it once at Walmart. Haven't seen it since, this is what it looked like.
SmokinAl SmokinAl sorry not at home don't have the bottle handy but what Steve posted is it. I love Tony's but its so salty this is the perfect balance. Got it at a local grocer. I agree a no salt injection would be nice especially with turkey season coming up!

jcam222

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
John that all looks great!! You got a heck of a smoke ring on them too. I will have to look for that Tony’s. Like many commercial spice blends I feel like the regular has far to much salt.

smokerjim

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 14, 2014
Looks fantastic John , I would almost kill for a plate of that!

tx smoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Apr 14, 2013
Damn fine looking ribs right there buddy!! Excellent job. i know I'd be all over a platter full of those...along with some beans and pasta salad of course. Great job my friend. Hopefully this weekend will bring nice weather and you can continue the course.

Robert

Brokenhandle

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 9, 2019
Those ribs look beautiful! Whole cook looks good! I can see why you had a time finishing that plate...anymore and you'd need siderails.

Nice job
Ryan

SmokinVOLfan

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 27, 2018
Holy cow John!
Those look really good!
Al
Thank you Al! Steve posted a picture of the seasoning below. Hope you will be able to find it if not I am sure you can get it off amazon.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.