Weekend CSR's w pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinVOLfan

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 27, 2018
Knoxville, TN
Ran across a deal on some CSR's last weekend that I just couldn't turn down. Haven't cooked these in quite a while so kind of just threw this together on a whim.

Here they are in their glory. Around 13ish pounds for under $15. Not bad.
CSR1.jpg

Seasoned these up with what I had on hand real quick which was Tony's no salt rub. Very tasty I would highly recommend trying it. A few of these things were massive!
CSR2.jpg

Beautiful day for smoking. Threw these in the gasser. If you look real close you can see the TBS. Ran these 250 with hickory.
CSR3.jpg

Flipped over once they hit around 130 or so
CSR4.jpg

Once they hit 165 I panned them with some apple juice, butter, and brushed on some BBQ sauce.
CSR5.jpg

Smoked a pan of Gary's beans for about 3 hours while I had the CSR's going.
CSR6.jpg

After the pan wrap. Pulled about 195.
CSR7.jpg

Loaded my plate up with one huge rib, the beans, and some pasta salad I had made.
CSR8.jpg

Even got a little smoke ring going on.
CSR9.jpg

Very tender and delicious. It was all I could do to finish what was on my plate. Tasty and for that price I am extremely happy how they came out. Everyone told me they enjoyed them so might have to buy them more often from now on. Thanks for checking it out. Stay safe out there.

John

Holy cow John!
Those look really good!
I have never seen Tony C’s no salt rub, could you post a photo of the bottle.
I wish he would make a no salt injection!
Al

You're lucky you are a few states over John, or you would have had an unexpected dinner guest! Like!

Holy cow John!
Those look really good!
Al
maxresdefault (1).jpg

I think this is what John is talking about. I found it once at Walmart. Haven't seen it since, this is what it looked like.

Those CSRs look awesome John! We never see them cut like that here. They look pretty appetizing.

Well nothing is stopping me from cutting my own, how long did they take ?

View attachment 469519

I think this is what John is talking about. I found it once at Walmart. Haven't seen it since, this is what it looked like.

SmokinAl SmokinAl sorry not at home don't have the bottle handy but what Steve posted is it. I love Tony's but its so salty this is the perfect balance. Got it at a local grocer. I agree a no salt injection would be nice especially with turkey season coming up!

John that all looks great!! You got a heck of a smoke ring on them too. I will have to look for that Tony’s. Like many commercial spice blends I feel like the regular has far to much salt.

Damn fine looking ribs right there buddy!! Excellent job. i know I'd be all over a platter full of those...along with some beans and pasta salad of course. Great job my friend. Hopefully this weekend will bring nice weather and you can continue the course.

Robert

Those ribs look beautiful! Whole cook looks good! I can see why you had a time finishing that plate...anymore and you'd need siderails.

Nice job
Ryan

Holy cow John!
Those look really good!
Al

Thank you Al! Steve posted a picture of the seasoning below. Hope you will be able to find it if not I am sure you can get it off amazon.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky