Wedding for 150, rough ideas please

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nursewizzle

Smoke Blower
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 10, 2013
Iowa City, Iowa
So a good friend of my wife's is getting married this summer and I volunteered to cook the food. I'm not making anything off this, just donating my labor, the couple will be paying for all the food.

They'd like:

pulled pork
pulled chicken

party potatoes
baked beans
cole slaw

Can you guys help with with some rough numbers of how much of everything we'd need, and how much food cost would be?

Hello.  Chef Jimmy J posted a good indicator of the amounts needed.  Unfortunately I lost all my favorites through an error with Google.  PM Chef Jimmy and ask him for a link to that post.  REALLY helpful guy.  He will get you sorted out.  Best advice I can give.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

You can figure on 1/4 to 1/3 lb of cooked meat per person. I would cook the meat a day ahead then heat and serve on the big day ....

150x.25=37.5 lbs meat

or

150x.33=49.5 lbs meat

untrimmed butts range from 6 to14 lbs with the norm around 8 lbs so you'll have to see what size butts are at your local grocery and figure the math.

Good luck

Joe

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky