Weber Kettle Assembly

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MNholla

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 24, 2019
Minnesota
So my 44 year old hand-me-down 22" Webber kettle bit the dust a couple of weeks ago so I went and bought a new 22" Premium Kettle. Struggling to get the legs on this thing, the lock pin component is really cheap and always slides out of place when I am trying to get the leg to click into place.

Does anyone have any tips? I've watched a few YouTube videos and everyone acknowledged the issue saying it was the hardest part of the install but none offered any tips.. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: JLeonard
No help man! I fought with mine to the point that I was about to throw it and it just popped into place. Had me cussing like a sailor!
Jim

I still have my original weber that's around 45 years old. I had to braze the legs back on it and put new bolts on the vents but it is still working. The Wife bought me a new one and the grates are much thinner in diameter than the old boy. One less handle on the main body too. Cost cutting measures of the new age.. Everything just gets made cheaper and cheaper and they want more money for less product.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky